Who said it?
1. “If Congress stands back and allows the sequester to happen, it would be a shameful, irresponsible act.”
2. “The disconcerting thing, obviously, for anybody that watched it was that [Chuck Hagel] seemed unimpressive and unprepared on the questions that, quite frankly, he knew was coming.”
3. “I have confidence [Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)] did nothing wrong. But that’s what investigations are all about.”
4. “If I were Chuck Hagel, I’d go to the president right now and I’d say, do you still have confidence in me? Do you think I can do the job? Privately. . . . I think you’ve got to [offer to withdraw] if you think you’re not going to be effective because of what’s happened. Now, I’m not saying the answer is yes, but I think you got to go back and ask privately … that question.”
5. “And the real story is that in order to put the puzzle of intelligence together that led us to bin Laden, there was a lot of intelligence. There were a lot of pieces out there that were part of that puzzle. Yes, some of it came from some of the tactics that were used at that time, interrogation tactics that were used. But the fact is, … we put together most of that intelligence without having to resort to that. . . . I think we could have gotten bin Laden without that.”