Who said it?
1. “We must take our message to every neighborhood and every community, and as we know, we’ve got a lot of ground to make up with the black community.”
2. “House Republicans have already passed two bills to replace the president’s sequester. So, the question is, why won’t he work with us? And, the answer, quite simply, is because he wants higher taxes.”
3. “Listen, I speak English.”
4. “Because, look, the Republicans cannot give on taxes. They simply can’t. It would damage their brand permanently. And the president is unwilling — he is insisting on raising revenues through taxes. There’s no way to have a meeting of the minds when these differences exist, and that’s not going to change. The sequester is going to continue through the fiscal year.”
5. “Look, it’s an impossibility for the White House to say with a straight face that this is the best choice at a critical time, and what our country is facing for Chuck Hagel to run the Defense Department. It is an impossibility. Now, is it the president’s prerogative? Absolutely, I think he’ll be confirmed, but, you know, this is — this is like Andy Griffith actually turning Mayberry over to Barney.”