Who said it?
1. “I think the president waited way too long to get into this.”
2. “It is outrageous. . . . They got to be held accountable.”
3. “There are five steps that this administration keeps repeating. Step one, I didn’t know about it. Step two, express great outrage. When that doesn’t work, step three is fire a low-level bureaucrat. The study comes next. Then we’re going to wait and see what the FBI says or the investigation or whatever it is. Then six months later, you say it’s either a) done or b) all the result of a partisan push by Republicans.”
4. “I think General Shinseki needs to go. He’s a great American, but I don’t think he’s fit for this, I haven’t even seen the level of outrage out of him that I think we ought to be hearing, to know that there were fake waiting lists to pad numbers.”
5. “More and more Democrats in key 2014 races are calling for the president to get a spine, they say, and fire his Veterans Affairs secretary. And what more and more Democrats are saying privately is scathing, calling the president and his team detached, flat footed, even incompetent.”