Who said it?
1. “They don’t see me as part of the problem. Because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we’ve done it through dint of hard work.”
2. “One of the biggest problems with government is they go and take hard-earned money so others do things that the private sector can do….The last authorization of the [Export-Import Bank] directed the Treasury secretary to wind down the Ex-Im bank, negotiate with that other countries to wind them down so that we have a level playing field. We have hearings going on next week in financial service, which I sit on. I think Ex-Im bank is one that government does not have to be involved in. The private sector can do it.”
3. “The first thing we’ve got to do is recognize we’ve got a hell of a problem and it’s not just in Iraq.”
4. “The IRS is supposed to be most independent organization coming after Tea Party conservative groups, in essence, by their own admission, and then finding out that, oh, goodness, we lost all these e-mails. I mean this is a lot of not just smoke, this is fire. And this is something that, you know, maybe there was no scandal behind this, but that’s what we absolutely have to get to the bottom of. It’s not a partisan issue as much as it’s just reality.”
5. “We’ve got to figure out [a] way to isolate [Islamic State in Iraq and Syria] from Syria, from Iraq. Then I’d leave [the] rest to military tacticians. …To do nothing and allow ISIS to establish a base of operation like what al-Qaeda had before Afghanistan places us in a very dangerous position from a counterterrorism point of view and puts Americans’ lives on the line down the road.”