- If there are no additional charges and those listed in the indictment are not related to the campaign, does Manafort have information about Trump that could be obtained from Mueller through a plea bargain?
- Did Trump or anyone in his inner circle know about Manafort’s dealings with Russian ally Yanukovych? (By the way, Jared Kushner and others who pushed for Manafort’s hiring once again turn out to be supporters of rotten decision-making that has embroiled the administration in controversy. “Ivanka [Trump] and Jared pushed for then-candidate Trump to hire Trump Tower neighbor Paul Manafort as campaign manager in the spring 2016, replacing the scatter-shot Corey Lewandowski. . . . Manafort’s past clients also included notorious strongmen — Philippine president Ferdinand Marcos and Angolan military leader Jonas Savimbi — a fact that Jared and Ivanka either ignored or somehow found useful.”)
- Did anyone vet Manafort or question him about his foreign dealings? If so, what did they find out?
- Did Manafort, as some have alleged, or Gates push to change the RNC platform at the convention in Cleveland so as to water down language committing the party to arm Ukraine against Russian and pro-Russian forces? If so, did Trump know about this?
- How will Trump react? This morning he was still merrily tweeting about Fox’s ongoing coverage of the non-scandal involving Hillary Clinton and Fusion GPS, a topic that in no way will distract Mueller nor lessen the possibility that Trump may be tied to alleged Russian collusion or be found to have obstructed justice.
- Will Trump in any way suggest a pardon is in the offing for Manafort, an action that will trigger an outcry among Democrats and even some Republicans and will heighten Trump’s vulnerability to charges of obstruction of justice
October 30, 2017 at 9:57 AM EDT