The Aston Marin DB6 was blue, open top, had balloons attached, and had L, or learner, plates. It’s owned by Prince Charles and runs on on E85 bioethanol made from English wine wastage. Prince William was driving (on the right side, of course).
The car was joined by a Search and Rescue helicopter flown by members of the same squadron that William is a member.
Watch a video of their departure:
Follow the Royal Wedding on @PostStyle, or comment below via Facebook, Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail.
• Photos: Prince William and Kate’s Kiss
• Video: The royal wedding in under 2 minutes
• Who won the royal wedding hats race?
• Photos: Kate’s dress wows the crowd
• How it unfolded, moment by moment
• Photos: A wedding to remember
• Royal Wedding 2011: Recaps, news, photos, video