The first campers reportedly started claiming their spots near Westminster Abbey — where Prince William and Kate Middleton will become man and wife Friday — on Monday. One royal superfan, John Loughrey, who has been interviewed and photographed by several news organizations, gave his opinion to the Associated Press on what Middleton should wear in this video:
A Canadian woman told the Montreal Gazette she’s camped out near Buckingham Palace to see the couple kiss. Despite the large number of royal wedding haters in Great Britain and beyond, the Daily Mail reports that there are plenty of royal wedding lovers camped out near the Abbey, leaving little room for latecomers.
Check out more video and photos of royal wedding watchers below:
Some campers were greeted by Camilla Parker Bowles, wife of Prince Charles.
• Wedding survival guide: When and where to watch
• Photos: London prepares for the royal wedding
• Photos: Kate Middleton, princess to be
• Wedding video channel: The latest from London
• Wedding trivia: Make a royal match
• Interactive: Take a 3-D tour of Westminster Abbey
• Royal Wedding 2011: All the latest news, photos, video
* On Friday, catch live blogging of the wedding starting at 4 a.m., and live video beginning at 5 a.m. at washingtonpost.com/royalwedding.