• At-home pet euthanasia is growing in popularity. The process can cost more than twice what most veterinarians charge for in-office euthanasia, but Post reporter Steve Hendrix found that more and more pet owners are opting for a more intimate way to end the lives of their beloved animal companions.
• Carmela Dela Rosa faces first-degree murder charges after allegedly throwing her two-year-old granddaughter to her death at Tysons Corner Center last year. Her trial starts today.
• From now on, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library is shutting its doors on Sundays due to budget cuts. The closings are a “real break in tradition,” said Nancy Davenport, the system’s director of library services.
• The government has said it plans to reconsider the status of 300,000 illegal residents, including some who’ve already received deportation orders. Paula Godoy of Richmond is one of them.
• The Washington Redskins travel to Texas tonight to face bitter rivals the Dallas Cowboys. For the first time since 2005, Washington will be looking to improve upon a 3-0 record while Dallas hopes to score a second straight victory. Check out a video of top Monday Night Football moments:
If that’s not enough, stick with PostLocal today as we bring you more news from around the region.