As the Supreme Court winds down its third and final day of review of the health-care law, here are a few healthy lunch spots around the Capitol. Truth be told, there aren’t very many of them.
1. Sweetgreen — Green salads and frozen yogurt are specialties at this lunch spot. ( 221 Pennsylvania Ave. SE)
2. Seventh Hill Pizza — This brick-oven pizza shop offers fresh ingredients and vegetarian options. ( 327 7th St. SE)
3. New Course — “Few luncheonettes around town serve food that is fresher or more likely to be made from scratch,”according to the Going Out Guide. ( 500 Third St. NW)
4. Mitsitam Cafe — Tucked inside the National Museum of the American Indian, this cafe “points out, albeit subtly, how healthful the American diets were before the Europeans arrived,” wrote Tom Sietsema. ( 4th St. and Independence Ave.)
5. Sonoma — California-style cuisine is made with fresh, local ingredients. ( 223 Pennsylvania Ave. SE)
Tell us: Do you have any favorites lunch spots serving healthful fare around the Capitol? Share your suggestions in the comments below.