It all came down to the final Dance Duel of the season on Tuesday night’s “Dancing With the Stars”, as actor Jaleel White/Kym and Disney star Roshon Fegan/Chelsie rumba-d for their lives after placing in the bottom two couples.
Ultimately, all three judges chose to save Roshon, which meant Jaleel “formerly known as Urkel but don’t call him that anymore” White said goodbye.
“I really only thought I would last about three dances in this competition,” Jaleel confessed, almost tearing up as he talked about promising his mother he wouldn’t get eliminated first.
* The winner of the Encore Dance was, naturally, Maria Menounos and Derek Hough, who scored the first perfect 30 of the season on Monday night. Though there was a twist to their paso doble: The alternate ending involved Derek pulling out a stake to stab Maria at the end. Fun! “Usually you have to wait for the DVD extras to see that,” Tom Bergeron quipped.
* Recently eliminated contestant Gavin DeGraw proved he’s a much better singer than dancer, as he retureds to take advantage of his new connections to perform his new song in front of millions of viewers.
* If anyone has been paying attention to the Ballroom Battle on ABC.com — in which six pro dancers coached amateur dance pairs — the top three couples performed in an ultimate battle. It was Team Cheryl Burke vs. Team Tony Dovolani vs. Team Louis Van Amstel in a jive showdown, and ultimately, the judges chose Team Cheryl. As a prize, the winning couple a slightly less hideous trophy than the Mirror Ball .
* Before the Dance Duel started, Jaleel compared judge Len Goodman to “the old guy outside of a grocery store who won’t give a kid any money for candy.” Everyone laughed, but Tom Bergeron reminded Jaleel that he was making this remark just as Len was deciding who would go home.
* Next week, two couples will go home. Tom Bergeron reminded us once more that this week marked the end of the Dance Duel — will you miss it?