This is too easy! They’re, of course, best suited to help an organization that exists to provide personal and professional opportunities for young women to promote their voices in culture, politics and the community determine what young beauty should be crowned Miss America 2013 at a casino/resort in Vegas!
ABC, which will air the pageant on Jan 12, explained in Wednesday’s announcement — made on its morning infotainment show “Good Morning America” — that this year’s panel of judges comprises experts in each of the fields in which a young woman must excel in order to be named Miss America.
Miss America, ABC explained, “must be intelligent, talented, well-spoken, a leader, have a commitment to her community and be modern in her style and fashion — a relevant and individual young woman who can connect with today’s contemporary woman — as well as being physically fit.
* Bradley Bayou has a ready-to-wear “namesake” collection on QVC, his name is on the book “The Science of Sexy,” and he’s is a member of Oprah Winfrey’s “Glam Squad.”
* Cheryl Burke is among the professional dancers on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” and its first professional dancer to appear in the finals four times.
* Sam Champion is ABC’s “GMA” weather anchor.
* Mary Hart was the reigning queen of celebrity suck-up-show hosts for nearly 30 years.
* Daymond John is star of ABC’s let’s-make-a-deal reality show “Shark Tank,” and CEO and founder of FUBUclothing company.
* McKayla Maroney is the Summer Games gold medalist vaulter turned aspiring actress (recently shot a guest starring role on CW’s “Hart of Dixie” and shooting a second one soon).
* Katie Stam Irk was Miss America 2009 and continues to do motivational speaking while being a consultant for all-things-tanning company New Sunshine, LLC.