Here are her ideas:
· Bring the outdoors in with fresh flowers and leafy greens.
· Add mirrors — the bigger the better. They will not only help create the illusion of more space but also will reflect light in. If your home calls for mirrors on a smaller scale, mirrored side tables and cocktail tables can help spread light, as well.
· Decorate with natural fibers and woven textures like sisal rugs, wicker and rattan to give your space a relaxed summer vibe. If you like a more vibrant energetic look, you can spray-paint old furniture in bright colors, pastels, metallics or light neutral colors.
· Swap your heavier winter bedding, throw pillows, blankets and window coverings with cool, light breathable fabrics like linens. A linen slipcover will instantly transform a chair or sofa.
· Select lighter, more weathered wood finishes. Go with distressed or white painted pieces for a laid-back feel.
· Transparent furniture of acrylic or glass is great for making a space feel airier.
· Play with bright, cheery colors or pastels for throw pillows, accents and artwork. Bright artwork is an easy way to freshen up your walls.
· Fill your fruit bowls with in-season fruits in bright colors: oranges, lemons and limes. Update your table settings with bright colors, as well.