Apple CEO Tim Cook unveiled the iPhone 5 today. Here’s a quick look at the new features and how much the updated smartphone will cost:
LIVE BLOG: New phone camera will have improved low-light performance
• Thickness: 7.6mm, 18 percent thinner than iPhone 4S, 20 percent lighter.
• Screen: 4 inches, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1136 x 640 pixels, better color fidelity and saturation, retina display, five rows of icons on the home page.
• Network: 4G LTE connection.
• New processor: the A6 chip, twice as fast and 22 percent smaller.
• Battery life: 8 hours with LTE, 10 hours on Wifi.
• Camera: 8 megapixel, f/2.4, better low light capability.
• Sound: Three microphones, speakers are 20 percent smaller.
• New connector: “Lightning,” the new dock connector, is confirmed. Adapters will be offered.
• Siri: Will now provide sports scores, turn-by-turn map directions and launch apps.
• Price: $199 for 16 GB, up to $399 for 64 GB, and the 4S is now free with contract.
• Color: The iPhone will come in two colors, white or slate.
• Launch date: Goes on sale Sept. 21.