- Schools in Alexandria, Arlington and Falls Church will be closed until mid-April. Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) ordered all schools in the state to close a minimum of two weeks. D.C. Public Schools will close schools for at least two weeks beginning Monday.
- Metro will reduce transit service starting Monday to help its workforce stay safe while it begins even more stringent disinfecting of its rail cars and buses due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- D.C. officials have closed nightclubs and placed new restrictions on bars and restaurants, while Maryland is shuttering casions and Virginia has banned gatherings of more than 100 people.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade in the District, originally scheduled for April 4, has been canceled.
- Md. lawmakers were gathering in Annapolis for the General Assembly session Sunday, despite calls for social distancing and the cancellation of legislative sessions in some other states.
The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning.