A second person has died after a house fire in Montgomery County, the fire department said Wednesday.
Piringer posted on Twitter early Tuesday that a man who had been in the home died at a hospital. On Wednesday, Piringer said a woman who was pulled from the burning home and taken to a hospital in critical condition had also died.
Officials said the man was in his 80s and the woman was in her 60s. Their names were not released, pending the notification of family.
The fire was reported around 11 p.m. Monday near Aspen Hill Road, and the two people were rescued after they were found unconscious in an upstairs bedroom. Another resident was able to escape.
Piringer said an initial investigation found that the fire started in an electrical panel in the basement. The damage was estimated to be about $225,000.
Dana Hedgpeth contributed to this report.