1. Directors, officers, and employees of WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit a vote or entry/submission.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. No purchase is necessary to participate.
3. To participate, submit your “wildcard” nominations and vote on the "D.C. Tweeps” page: http://www.washingtonpost.com/dctweepsbetween 12 p.m. December 6 and noon, December 13.. We will sort nominees and build a final vote ballot to be ready for use by noon, December 14. Voting will end at 11:59 p.m., Friday, December 30.
4. Nominations that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified. Attempting to rig nominations or voting, or paying for nominations or votes will result in disqualification. Nominees must be representing public Twitter accounts.
5. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her nominations do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the nominations contain libelous or defamatory material. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who submits nominations which we believe may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate or that may infringe upon or violate another party's rights. In its sole discretion, we reserve the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials.
6. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
7. The Washington Post will sort the nominees from among eligible entries on the basis of nomination count. Voting will take place in an online poll and will be limited to one vote per participant. Nominees with the most votes will be announced as D.C.’s favorite tweep in their respective category.
8. The Washington Post shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Terms and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
9. In our sole discretion, entrants may be disqualified if they (i) are unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engage in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
10. By participating in this promotion, each nominator gives us permission to use his/her entry and other information provided in any manner or media in its sole discretion.
11. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of The Washington Post, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless The Washington Post and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. The Washington Post disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
12. The Washington Post reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or entrants from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate.
13. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia exclusively and solely by and within the courts of the District of Columbia with regard to choice of law principles.