One health expert said that while no public health precaution is 100 percent effective, layering them offers a solid defense against covid-19, the disease caused by the virus.
“I tell folks: ‘Think of the vaccine like a really good raincoat, but if it’s storming outside, you still need an umbrella if you want to stay dry,’ ” said Henry Wu, assistant professor and senior physician at the Emory University School of Medicine. “And I think right now, we’re storming in most of the country.”
What to know
- Do I have to get vaccinated?
- Do I need to wear a mask on campus?
- How should I handle study sessions with classmates?
- Can I hang out with my friends and go to parties?
- Beyond vaccines and masks, what precautions can I take?
- What should I do if I feel sick?