For a guy with two platinum records who’s worked with Rick Ross, Kanye West and Jay-Z, Canadian rapper Drake can be a little despondent. His second record, 2011’s “Take Care,” shot to the top of the pop charts, but its songs went deep and dark, reflecting on failed relationships and self-doubt. Drake vents some heavy emotions on Twitter (@Drake), but we’re bigger fans of the @Drake_Thoughts parody feed. Get ready for Drake’s show at Verizon Center (and afterparty at Howard Theatre) by guessing which of the tweets below are Drake and which are just @Drake_Thoughts.
1. I’m at the zoo. Guilt is a tsunami.
2. Play that Gotye song and look at childhood pictures of yourself.
3. I forget 23 … like I forget 17 … and I forget my first love … like you forget a daydream.
4. God must be a comedian at heart.
5. I made something outta nothing … thanks for nothing.
6. In “Little Women,” one of the girls falls through the ice and dies.
7. I asked Kanye to hang out with me on Father’s Day, but he was busy. He’s always busy.Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW; Fri., 7 p.m., $72-$125.65; 202-628-3200, Verizoncenter.com. (Gallery Place) Howard Theatre, 620 T St. NW; afterparty hosted by Drake, Fri., 11 p.m., $20-$30; 202-803-2899, Thehowardtheatre.com. (U Street)
(Answers: 1. @Drake_Thoughts; 2. @Drake_Thoughts; 3. @Drake; 4. @Drake; 5. @Drake; 6. @Drake_Thoughts; 7. @Drake_Thoughts)