- Nine West launched a “Starter Husband Hunting” collection, which features leopard-print toe pumps and meoww peep platform booties.
— Nine West (@NineWest) August 1, 2014
- Authorities say a New York woman who crashed her car into a Long Island fire house Monday was found to be in possession of marijuana — and had a stolen snake wrapped around her neck.
- Helen Mirren twerked with Michael Strahan on “Live! With Kelly and Michael.”
- An Albuquerque, N.M., man facing robbery and larceny charges says he only scratched his stomach and didn’t pull a gun when a grocery store clerk handed him cash.
- “My Parents Open Carry” is a pro guns children’s book detailing the day in the life of a 13-year-old and her parents, who both carry guns.
- Christie’s Auctions and Private Sales is auctioning off a one-night stay in Highclere Castle, which serves as the set for PBS’s “Downton Abbey.”
- When Jeff Goldblum, who plays Dr. Ian Malcolm in “Jurassic Park,” attended a wedding in Toronto over the weekend, the happy couple couldn’t miss the chance to intensify the classic wedding-party-running-away-from-a-T-rex photo. Photographer Adam Biesenthal was happy to oblige.
- A 90-year-old great-grandmother equipped with a shotgun engaged in a standoff with SWAT team officers for hours in Channelview, Texas, last week.
Read more of our viral news roundups: