Although that experience was painful, disheartening and unnecessarily expensive, I learned my lesson. I don’t want anyone to have a similar experience, so I called on two professionals for advice on determining whether you even need a contractor, how to find the right person for the job and more. Here is what they had to say.
What to know
- How do I know whether I need a general contractor or whether I can oversee a project myself?
- How do I find the right contractor for my home project?
- How should I evaluate a contract and bid?
- What is an allowance in a contractor bid?
- What is a fair payment schedule?
- Any other advice?