“You do want to make sure you keep it safe,” says Kelly Moore, deputy director of the Immunization Action Coalition. “You do want to make a copy of it and keep that on file, not because it’s the only record, but because it’s the one that you control.”
Here’s what Moore and other experts say you need to know about the cards and what you should do after receiving one.
What to know
- What is the purpose of a vaccination card?
- What should I do with my card after getting it?
- Can I store information on my phone?
- Should I laminate my card?
- Will I need my card to get my second shot?
- What happens if I lose my card?