We spoke with infectious-disease specialists about how to handle this widespread variant. Here are their answers to our questions.
What to know
- How dangerous is the delta variant for children?
- How can I protect my tweens or teens, if they are vaccinated or if they aren’t?
- Should I keep my unvaccinated children away from grandparents or other older people?
- Should I keep my kids out of stores and other indoor places?
- How likely is it that as a vaccinated parent, I could pass along the delta variant to my child?
- What about the youngest babies and toddlers who might be heading back to daycare soon? How do we protect them?