So this is the year you’re going to make time to take a class. Shouldn’t it be about food?
Our annual list of Washington area culinary classes is bigger than ever, with about 160 offerings spanning a variety of interests.
For a taste of what’s available, check out the listings by category and highlights:
● Asian From classic to trendy.
● Baking/Desserts Savory and sweet — and even biscuits for dogs.
● Business/Hobbies How to write a cookbook.
● Children’s A variety of classes for kids, with or without parents.●
● French Soups, stews and more.
● General/Miscellaneous Cook fish, make sausage, taste teas, learn to can.
● Healthful With nutrition in mind.
● Holiday Festive food and entertaining.
● Indian North, south, east and west.
● Italian A regional look.
● Latin The food of Peru.
● Middle Eastern Mezze made easy.
● International A global approach.
● Professional For students pursuing a culinary career.
● Vegetarian Beyond side dishes, including vegan recipes.
● Wine, Beer and Spirits Learn more about what you’re drinking.
We’ve done the hard work; all you have to do is sign up. Find them all at washingtonpost.com/food.
Sample a few of the instructors recipes: