No surprise: Recipes that called for a preheated oven dominated December’s list of The Washington Post’s most-viewed recipes online in our Recipe Finder. Surprise: A simple cookie from 2011 topped the list, as it did for much of the year.
1. M&M Bars. One bowl, many fans. These are from Vienna baker Mary Lee Montfort.
2. Flourless Chocolate Cookies. Hard to resist these gluten-free beauties, crisp on the outside and brownie-chewy on the inside.
3. Good and Easy Rolled Sugar Cookies. Nancy Baggett knows how to name a recipe.
4. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. A classic 2008 preparation from expert baker Rose Levy Beranbaum.
5. Crispy Toffee Cookies. They’re Scandinavian and buttery.
More from Food:
The Washington Post’s top recipes of 2012