It’s hard to overestimate the hunger for guilt-free recipes when New Year’s resolutions are in full force, which is one reason why the most-viewed Post recipe in January was for a healthful muffin. Other reasons: The muffins taste good, they feature a trendy ingredient and they are not bigger than your head.
Check out these top five picks and more in our Recipe Finder database.
1. Banana-Berry Nut Muffins With Chia Seeds . This recipe ran in the Local Living section of The Post as well as in our Recipe Finder. Choose the right brand of oats, and these can be made gluten-free.
2. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust . From ace baker Rose Levy Beranbaum. The first of two recipes on this list that made the readers’ favorites top 10 list of 2012.
3. White House Kale Salad . Executive chef Cristeta Comerford hit the right notes of color and crunch in this Thanksgiving recipe.
4. Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts . Light and not caky, from Ina Garten.
5. Slow-Roasted Beef . A foolproof, low-tech method to cook less-expensive cuts of meat; the other recipe that readers chose as a favorite in 2012.