An anthropologist might be moved to assess February’s five most-viewed online recipes thusly: Washington Post readers appreciate food that’s good for them. But that does not affect their devotion to pie.
1. Walnut-Crusted Salmon. A heart-healthy, easy entree from Bethesda nutritionist Elaine Gordon. The recipe appeared in The Post’s Local Living section.
2. Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts. Light and delicious, from Ina Garten’s latest cookbook, “Foolproof.”
3. Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust. It’s becoming something of a monthly habit, this hard-to-beat recipe from master baker and cookbook author Rose Levy Beranbaum.
4. Banana-Berry Nut Muffins With Chia Seeds. The second recipe from Gordon; these are low-fat and gluten-free.
5. Kale and Chickpea Stew. A healthful Dinner in Minutes dish that’s vegan. Serve on its own or over warm polenta.