Quinoa and apples drew readers’ attention last month, as you can see from October’s list of the five most-viewed dishes in our Recipe Finder database.
1. Black Bean, Quinoa and Spinach Stew. A Cooking for One recipe by Joe Yonan, one of two dishes designed especially for people who think they don’t like quinoa.
2. Curried Barley and Quinoa Cakes. Versatile little pan-fried cakes with a hint of curry, the ther Cooking for One dish for the quinoa-averse.
3. M&M Bars. A one-bowl cookie from Vienna baker Mary Lee Montfort that’s a perennial reader favorite.
4. Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad. Fresh fall apples co-star in this crisp and crunchy dish with a sweet-tart dressing.
5. Butternut Squash, Jonagold Apple and Caramelized Onion Tian. A layered fruit-and-vegetable casserole with an elegant look.