The living room in the home of Wendy and Alex Santantonio, the bloggers behind Old Town Home. (John McDonnell/The Washington Post)
Are you missing your regular dose of DIY adventures while the Petersiks of the blog Young House Love take a break? Try something new to read with your morning espresso or mid-afternoon snack break. Here are some suggestions you all sent me after my Twitter call-out.
● A Beautiful Mess: Two sisters share their ideas for homemade style, whether painting your own outdoor rug, creating DIY house numbers or throwing a frittata party (www.abeautifulmess.com).
● Cupcakes and Cashmere: Although known for its inventive fashion coverage, this blog’s decor, entertaining and organization posts are also fresh and fun (www.cupcakesandcashmere.com).
● Design Sponge : Brooklyn-based writer Grace Bonney has written for Domino and New York magazine and covers decorating, design, DIY and entertaining with a discerning eye (www.designsponge.com).
● Greige: Soak in the Los Angeles vibe of designer Christina Fluegge as she posts about her interiors and her international influences (www.greigedesignbog.com).
The kitchen of a modern family farmhouse in New York State. (Courtesy of Maxwell Tielman for Design Sponge)
● Manhattan Nest: DIY, thrifting and decorating are what you’ll find here, plus some serious renovation tales in photos and candid prose (www.manhattan-nest.com).
● Messy Nessy Chic: If you love reading about Paris style, you’ll lap up these offbeat tips on shopping, touring and eating your way through the city, plus random thoughts on Airbnb trailers and chateau rehab (www.messynessychic.com).
● Old Town Home: Follow the journey of a couple renovating an 1880s rowhouse in Alexandria as they ponder tankless water heaters and what makes a house haunted (www.oldtownhome.com).
Burnout fries Young House Love bloggers, leading DIY couple to take a break
Young House Love bloggers their DIY hobby into a full-time job
Q&A with Young House Love bloggers John and Sherry Petersik
A do-it-yourself long-term renovation works for an Alexandria couple