● Pay half-price on last-minute African safaris departing in August. Norman Carr Safaris has discounted its six-night safari in the South Luangwa Valley of Zambia to $1,515 per person double. Price includes lodging, meals, game viewing, beverages, laundry and transfers. Park fees of $300, international airfare to Lusaka, Zambia, and domestic flights between Lusaka and Mfuwe ($516 round trip) are extra. The company will select the specific itinerary but will attempt to include at least two camps, most likely a combination of Kapani Lodge plus Luwi Bush Camp and/or Nsolo Bush Camp. Extra nights are available at a discounted rate. Info: www.normancarrsafaris.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Appalachian Mountain Club is offering 30 percent off three-night stays at properties in New Hampshire and Maine. Deal applies to the Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch, N.H; the club’s full-service huts in New Hampshire’s White Mountains; and the Maine Wilderness Lodges, such as Little Lyford in Greenville. For example, at Joe Dodge Lodge, non-AMC members pay $57.26 a night for a bunk room, dinner and breakfast, down from $83.42. For members ($50 annual fee), sale price is $47.34. Stay Sunday through Thursday, Sept. 5 through 22, and Oct. 8 through 25. Book by Sept. 4 with promo code FALL12. Info: 603-466-2727, www.outdoors.org.
● Book a select Costa cruise and receive shipboard credits of up to $300 per cabin. Deal applies to 45 European departures August through October. Book an inside cabin and receive $50 per person; an oceanview stateroom, $100 per person; and a balcony cabin, $150. Credit is valid on any extras not included in the cruise price, such as shore excursions, cocktails and spa services. Rates vary by itinerary and cabin category. For example, an inside cabin on Costa Serena’s seven-night cruise departing Civitavecchia near Rome on Nov. 12 starts at $449 per person double, plus $38 port charges. Book by Aug. 31. Info: 800-462-6782, www.costacruise.com.
● Virgin America has sale fares on nonstop flights between Washington Dulles and San Francisco or Los Angeles. Round-trip fare to either destination is $358, including taxes. Fare on other airlines starts at $418 to Los Angeles and $506 to San Francisco. Travel Aug. 21 through Nov. 14. Lowest fares apply to Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday flights. Book by Aug. 6 at www.virginamerica.com or pay $20 more by calling 877-359-8474.
● Friendly Planet is offering savings of $350 per person on its Best of India & Nepal tour. Eight tour dates, departing October through April, have been discounted by $300, plus request code 080312 and receive an additional $50 off. Discounted price is $3,049 per person double and includes round-trip air from New York to Delhi; 13 nights’ lodging in six locations, including Delhi and Kathmandu; ground transportation; daily breakfast and two dinners; daily sightseeing tours with entrance fees; transfers; and most taxes. (Delhi airport taxes of $58 per person are extra.) Book by Aug. 8. Info: 800-555-5765, www.friendlyplanet.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com