This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● CW Adventure is waiving the single supplement fee on 14 trips in 2014. The fee-free guided walking trips are offered in Europe (Italy, Austria, Iceland, Ireland, Spain, Wales and more), Washington state’s Olympia Peninsula, Southeast Asia (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam) and Costa Rica. Prices and savings vary. For example, the seven-night Spain: Granada-to-Seville trip costs $4,398 per person, a savings of $600. Trip includes all accommodations with private bathrooms; most meals, including wine or beer with dinner; transportation and local guides; entrance fees and special events; and taxes. Depart June 1, Sept. 14 or Sept. 28. Limited availability (two spots out of 18), so book early. Info: 800-464-9255, www.cwadventure.com.
● Throughout the month, Baltimore is offering free admission to several cultural institutions, plus gratis performances and special events, as part of the eighth annual Free Fall Baltimore. For example, the Baltimore Museum of Industry is waiving admission Oct. 6 and 20; regular fee is $12. The Historic Ships in Baltimore has organized a series of free programs, tours and activities Wednesday nights, including access to areas typically closed to the public. On Oct. 18, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra invites guests to its open rehearsal. And on Oct. 30, enjoy free beer (two per person) and live music at Center Plaza. For more specials, see www.freefallbaltimore.org.
●Save 35 percent at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort on St. Thomas, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, for stays through Nov. 20. An oceanview room is $211 per night, a savings of $113; add an energy surcharge of $10 per night. Rate includes non-motorized water sports and an in-pool Discover Scuba lesson. Book by Oct. 15. Info: 800-524-4746, www.bolongobay.com. Request promo code LastMin.
● With Costa Cruise Lines, kids sail free on select voyages through March. For example, a seven-night cruise from Venice to Trieste, Italy, now starts at $549 per adult double; two children ages 17 or younger sharing the cabin cruise for free, a savings of $259 per child. Service charges of about $66 per adult and $33 for ages 14 to 17 are additional. Depart Nov. 18. No deadline to book, but deal is based on availability. Info: 800-462-6782, www.costacruise.com.
● Grand Circle Cruise Line has a sale on select December departures of two European Christmas market river cruises, including round-trip international flights. The eight-day Christmas Markets Along the Danube, from Nuremberg, Germany, to Vienna, starts at $1,995 per person double (with taxes) and includes air from Dulles or BWI Marshall, a savings of $1,400 per couple. Depart Dec. 13 or 15. The 12-day Christmas Markets Along the Rhine, cruising from Basel, Switzerland, to Amsterdam, starts at $2,294 per person double (with taxes) and includes air from Dulles or BWI, a savings of $1,500 per couple. Depart Dec. 6, 7, 13 or 15. For both itineraries, book by Oct. 15 and use code XMAS100. Info: 800-221-2610, www.gct.com. ●
● SAS is offering sale fares from Washington Dulles to cities throughout Europe. For example, round-trip fare to Copenhagen starts at $745; other airlines are matching, but fare typically starts at about $940. Depart Nov. 3 through March 31, and return by April 7. Some dates are sold out. Book by Oct. 8 on www.flysas.com/us.
● Globus is offering $999 round-trip airfare on five itineraries to Italy departing Jan. 1 through Oct. 31. For example, the seven-night Italian Vista tour starts at $2,548 per person double, including $999 airfare from Washington Dulles to Rome, with return from Milan, for several departures in August. Price also includes seven nights’ hotel in four cities, nine meals, daily sightseeing, motorcoach transportation and taxes. By comparison, airfare on other airlines starts at about $1,600 round trip. Book by Oct. 29. Info: 866-755-8581, www.globusjourneys.com/special-offers/italy-vacations. ●
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.