This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
• The 14-suite Hotel Carl Gustaf on St. Barts is offering discounts of more than 25 percent on three- and five-night packages. The three-night Summer Sunset deal now starts at about $2,220 per couple (savings of about $850) and includes lodging in a one-bedroom cottage with plunge pool and terrace overlooking Gustavia Harbor, continental breakfast served in-suite, one cocktail per person, one dinner for two at Victoria’s (on the property), airport transfers, three-day car rental (excluding insurance and gas), access to fitness center and WiFi. The five-night package starts at $3,775 for two, a savings of about $1,420. Taxes are an extra 5 percent. Travel through Aug. 31. Info: 866-297-2153, www.hotelcarlgustaf.com.
• Get a fourth night free at Mandarin Oriental Bangkok. The Bangkok Four More package also includes a room upgrade (based on availability) and a buffet lunch for two at Sala Rim Naam. Prices vary by date. For example, a four-night stay in a superior king room in early June now starts at $1,004 (including taxes), a savings of $336. Deal is good through Oct. 15. Info: 800-526-6566, www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/tempting_offers.
• With Adventure Life, a companion cruises for free on the June 3 sailing of the 148-passenger MS Amalegro from Amsterdam to Remich, Luxembourg. After the discount, the seven-night cruise starts at $1,350 per person double, plus $147 port charges. Rate includes daily sightseeing, wine with dinner and taxes. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
• Guests who “like” Maple Leaf Adventures on Facebook will receive free airfare from Vancouver to its Great Bear Rainforest cruise departure points in British Columbia. The deal, worth between $500 and $600 per person (depending on itinerary), is good for cruises aboard the 92-foot schooner Maple Leaf departing June 5, 12 and 23. Cruises vary in length, itinerary and price. For example, the weeklong June 5 sailing, which travels round trip from Kitimat, starts at $4,066 per person double. The cruise, which is guided by an elder of the native Henaaksiala people, visits one of the world’s largest temperate rainforests. Book by May 5. To qualify for the free air, go to www.facebook.com/MapleLeafAdventures and post a note. Info: 888-599-5323, www.mapleleafadventures.com.
• OpenSkies, the all-business-class airline, has a sale fare of $1,723 round trip (including $125 taxes) from Washington Dulles to Paris. Travel July 10-Sept. 10. Economy seats on other airlines currently cost $1,575; business-class seats run about $2,380. The carrier’s “biz seats” offer a 52-inch seat pitch and recline to 140 degrees. Book by May 12 at www.flyopenskies.com, or pay $50 extra by calling 866-581-3596.
• Book an international ticket to Europe with Air Berlin and qualify for a $249 airpass (including taxes) with four flights to destinations in 13 countries throughout Europe. For example, for a trip in July, pay about $1,500 (including taxes) for round-trip service from Washington Dulles to Berlin (codeshare service to New York on American Airlines), then fly to Catania, Italy; Zurich; Dusseldorf, Germany; and back to Berlin for an additional $249. That route typically adds up to $545. Travel by Sept. 30; book by Sept. 12. Info: 866-266-5588, www.airberlin.com.
• Pleasant Holidays is offering a sale on packages to Hawaii for May travel. Price from Washington Dulles to Honolulu starts at $2,232 per couple and includes round-trip air, seven nights at the Maile Sky Court in Waikiki, seven-day car rental and taxes. Booked separately, the trip would cost at least $3,127 per couple, a total savings of $895. Other hotels and islands also available for a higher price. Cheapest fares apply to Monday departures in May; package is based on availability. Info: 800-742-9244, www.pleasantholidays.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Include your phone number and
e-mail address. Prices were verified as of press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.