This week’s best travel bargains around the globe
By K.C. Summers and Andrea Sachs,
What’s the Deal?
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Divi Dutch Village in Aruba is offering more than 40 percent off its rates. Prices for the June Divi Dutch Sale start at $119 per night (normally $209) for a one-bedroom suite that sleeps four. Add $27 per night in taxes. Suites have a full kitchen, air conditioning and private patio or balcony with garden or pool view. Kids ages 12 and younger stay and eat for free. Book by June 30; travel through Dec. 16. Info: 919-419-3484, diviresorts.com.
● With NYC & Co., receive a third free night at 16 hotels in the Signature Collection, a group of luxury hotels that includes the Mandarin Oriental, the Plaza, the London NYC, the Ritz-Carlton in Battery Park and Central Park, and the St. Regis. For example, in late July, a superior room at the Peninsula Hotel starts at $595 per night, plus 14.75 percent taxes on the first two nights. The promo also includes a Key to Madison Avenue card, which features special offers at boutiques, spas, restaurants and more; and a VIP shopping experience at Saks Fifth Avenue, including free transportation from the hotel to the store, a styling appointment and shipping to the guest’s home or hotel. Stay by Sept. 3. Restrictions may apply at individual properties. Info: www.nycgo.com/thirdnight.
● Viking is offering deep discounts on international airfare, plus free airport transfers, on the July and August departures of its 15-day Grand European Tour. With the deal, airfare from Washington to Amsterdam, with a return from Budapest, is $399 per person (normally $1,895). The Aug. 4 sailing starts at $4,362 per person double, including fees and taxes. Book by June 30 using promo code 20Echo. Info: 800-707-8697, www.vikingrivercruises.com.
● Crystal Cruises, the all-inclusive cruise line, is offering low, limited-time fares on a dozen new cruises in southern Europe. The trips, which run from five to eight nights, depart July through December and from such ports as Athens, Barcelona, Rome, Casablanca, Istanbul and the Canary Islands. For example, a deluxe stateroom aboard the Crystal Serenity’s five-nighter from Cannes, France, to Rome, starts at $1,310 per person double. The ship stops in Monte Carlo and Italy’s Florence/Livorno and Porto Venere. Depart Aug. 1. Add $210 in taxes and port fees. For all cruises, book by Aug. 31. Info: 888-799-4625, www.crystalcruises.com.
● AirTran is having a system-wide sale. Sample round-trip fares, with taxes: BWI Marshall to Nassau, Bahamas, $285 (fare on other airlines starts at about $316); and BWI to San Juan, Puerto Rico, $204 (vs. about $275). Book by June 25; travel Tuesdays and Wednesdays, July 10-Nov. 14 (domestic) or Aug. 21-Oct. 4 (international and San Juan). Info: www.airtran.com.
●Save more than $300 per person on a fall trip to Croatia with TripMasters. The Oct. 17 trip starts at $1,522 per person double and includes air from Washington Dulles to Dubrovnik and out of Zagreb; in-country flight; six nights’ lodging in Dubrovnik and Zagreb; daily breakfast; and all fees and taxes. Booked separately, airfare and hotels would cost more than $1,800. Info: 800-430-0484, www.tripmasters.com.