This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● At Breckenridge ski resort in Colorado, stay and ski for two, three or five days and nights and receive a next-day lift ticket for a dollar. For example, from now until Dec. 21 and April 1 through the end of the season, pay for two nights of lodging and two days of skiing (tickets are typically $87 per day) and receive a $1 ticket for the third day. To qualify for the Breck for a Buck deal, you must stay at a Breckenridge resort property, such as Cimarron or Mountain Majesty Manor. Info: 800-789-7669, www.breckenridge.com.
● At Killington ski resort in Vermont, visit during off-peak days and receive a free night’s lodging and a lift ticket. Arrive Sunday, Monday or Tuesday for two nights of lodging and two days of skiing and receive the third night and day for free. Or pay for three and receive four on Sunday or Monday arrivals. For example, in early December, pay $537, including taxes, for three nights at the Highline Lodge and three days of skiing, a savings of $222. Travel Nov. 25-April 9; blackout dates apply. Info: 802-422-6200, www.killington.com.
●Three Utah resorts are offering free day-of-arrival lift tickets for skiers and snowboarders flying into Salt Lake City. To receive a free ticket for that day, pre-register online at least 24 hours in advance and present an airline boarding pass at Deer Valley Resort, Canyons Resort or Park City Mountain Resort. (Earliest flights from Washington land in Salt Lake City at around 10 a.m.; resorts are about a 50-minute drive from the airport.) Savings vary by date and resort. For example, a one-day ski pass at Deer Valley (snowboarding is not permitted) during high season typically costs $102. Deal is good through Dec. 22; Jan. 6 through Feb. 15; and April 1 through end of season. You must present the same-day boarding pass at the ski ticket window, plus an out-of-state photo ID and the online registration voucher. Register at www.visitparkcity.com/quickstart.
● Ski Portillo, a top-ranked Chilean ski resort two hours from Santiago, is offering 2012 pricing on its 2013 all-inclusive week-long packages . Book by Feb. 28 and pay $800 per person double for the hostel-style Inca Lodge (compared with $950), $1,190 for the Octagon Lodge (vs. $1,300) and $1,790 for a valley-view room at Hotel Portillo (vs. $1,950). Deal includes seven nights’ accommodations; four daily meals; eight days of lift tickets; round-trip transfers from Santiago airport; access to all resort amenities, including hot tubs and daily yoga classes; and taxes. Travel June 22 to Oct. 5, the Southern Hemisphere’s ski season. Info: 800-829-5325, www.skiportillo.com.
● Book an oceanview or balcony stateroom on a Costa Magica or Costa Pacifica c ruise departing Civitavecchia, Italy, and receive two free post-cruise nights at the Starhotel Michelangelo or Hilton Garden Claridge in Rome. Deal applies to cruises of at least seven nights departing Dec. 20 through April 13. Rate starts at about $837 per person double, including port charges. Value of promo varies, based on dates and hotel. For example, two nights at the Starhotel Michelangelo in mid-February totals about $313; the Hilton Garden Claridge runs about $292. Deal also includes ship-to-hotel transfer. Book through a travel agent or call the cruise line at 800-462-6782. Info: www.costacruise.com.
● Scandinavian Airlines is offering a fare sale from Washington Dulles to several cities in Scandinavia, including Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm. Round-trip fare to Stockholm, for example, starts at $795; other airlines are matching. Depart by Dec. 12. Minimum Saturday-night stay required. Book by Dec. 7; some dates are sold out. Info: www.flysas.com/en/us.
●Crested Butte in southwestern Colorado is offering a Friends and Family Fly Free promotion through Dec. 1. With the deal, purchase two round-trip tickets on United or American to Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional Airport, 31 miles south of the resort, and receive a free ticket (worth up to $450) for the third traveler. For the deal, you must book at least four nights at a Crested Butte Mountain Resort property, such as the Grand Lodge (mid-December rate is from $242, with taxes). Limit of three air credits per reservation. Blackout holiday dates apply. Travel Dec. 13-April 1. Info: 800-810-7669, www.skicb.com.
● American Airlines Vacations is offering deals on vacations to the C olorado ski destinations of Vail and Breckenridge. Prices and savings vary by date and hotel. For example, a mid-January package with round-trip air from Reagan National to Vail/Eagle and seven nights at the Lionshead Inn in Vail starts at $1,243 per person double, including taxes. Priced separately, air and hotel start at about $1,460. Lift tickets are available for separate purchase; a six-day high-season pass for Vail and Beaver Creek is $499 per person, a savings of about $11. Book by March 31 and complete travel by April 14. Info: 800-321-2121, www.aavacations.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.