This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Rail Europe is offering free travel days with the purchase of a Eurail Global Pass and a 20 percent discount on its German Rail Pass. Buy a 15-day Eurail Pass (adult ticket is $781), which allows travel in 24 countries, and receive two free extra days of travel; with a 21-day-pass ($1,006), earn three additional days; and with a month-long pass ($1,239), get five extra days. Deal applies to first-class adult tickets and first- and second-class tickets for travelers ages 12 to 25; a second-class youth pass starts at $509. Book by March 29, and start travel within six months of purchase. For the German Rail Pass, the discounted price applies to five or six days of train travel over a one-month period. Price starts at $247 per adult for a five-day second-class pass, a savings of $61; purchase by March 29 and complete travel by May 31. Info: 800-622-8600, www.raileurope.com.
● With CW, formerly known as Country Walkers, save $500 on two Galapagos adventures in May and October. For the Galapagos Land-Based, a seven-day walking tour, solo travelers now pay $4,873 and couples pay $10,246, including taxes. Depart May 25-31 or Oct. 19-25. For the 13-day Ecuador Highlands & Galapagos Duo, pay $8,173 for singles and $16,846 per couple; depart May 25-31 or Oct. 19-25. Both trips include accommodations, all meals with local wine and beer at dinner; internal airfare; guides and more. Book by March 22 for the May dates and Aug. 16 for the October departures. Info: 800-464-9255, www.cwadventure.com.
● The Jamaica Tourist Board is offering free nights at 20 participating hotels with its Get Happy in Jamaica promo. Book three nights at any of 13 properties, including GoldenEye, Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort and Spa, and Strawberry Hill, and receive a free fourth night. At Coyaba Beach Resort and Hotel Mockingbird Hill, book four nights for a free fifth. And at Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa, Sandals Resorts and the Tryall Club, book six nights and earn a free seventh. Savings vary: For example, rates at Strawberry Hill start at $283, including taxes and fees. Book by March 15 for travel April 1 through June 30. Info: 800-526-2422, www.visitjamaica.com. Use promo code GetHappy.
● Take a South Pacific cruise aboard the 332-passenger Paul Gauguin and get 50 percent off the rate plus free airfare on Air Tahiti Nui between Los Angeles and Papeete, Tahiti. The promotion applies to five itineraries, with departures throughout the year. For example, with the discount, the seven-night Tahiti & the Society Islands cruise starts at $3,995 per person double (plus $89 port charges) for the Dec. 7 and 14 departures. Airfare from Los Angeles typically costs about $1,316. Info: 800-848-6172, www.pgcruises.com.
● Princess Cruises has a sale on Alaska cruises, with reduced rates on the cruise and the airfare, when booked through Princess eZAir. For example, on the 10-day cruise tour departing Vancouver, British Columbia, on June 15 and ending in Fairbanks, Alaska, pay $991 per person double (down from $1,980) for an interior cabin aboard the Sapphire Princess. Taxes included. In addition, book by Feb. 14 and receive $150 savings on air. Info: 800-774-6237, www.princess.com.
● South African Airways has spring sale fares from Washington Dulles to destinations in s even African countries, including South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe. Prices vary by city. For example, a direct flight to Johannesburg is $1,140 round trip, including taxes; other airlines are matching on connecting flights, but fare typically starts at about $1,800. Depart Monday through Thursday (weekends are slightly higher) April 1 through May 31. Book by Feb. 17. Info: 800-722-9675, www.flysaa.com.
● Insight Cuba is offering free airfare from Miami to Havana, valued at $450 to $700, on select tours. The promotion applies to four itineraries, including the April 27 and Sept. 14 departures of the seven-night Scenic Cuba tour, which visits the western province of Pinar del Rio, and the Sept. 20 departure of the eight-night Cuban Music & Art tour, which explores the cultural scene from Havana to Santiago de Cuba. Prices vary. For example, the Sept. 14 departure of the Scenic Cuba tour is $3,195 per person double, and the Cuban Music & Art Tour leaving on Sept. 20 is $4,295. Round-trip air from Washington to Miami, priced separately, starts at about $165. Info: 800-450-2822, www.insightcuba.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday afternoon, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.