This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Uganda Wildlife Authority (www.ugandawildlife.org), which manages the country’s national parks, has reduced the fee for its gorilla-viewing permits by 30 percent. The discounted rate is $350 per person per day, down from $500, for travel in April and May. The price is also reflected in organized wildlife tours, such as Africa Adventure Consultants’ new Uganda Flying Safari, a chimp- and gorilla-tracking trip in Uganda parks. The 10-day land package costs $6,479 per person double (rate is less for more travelers), plus $700 for two gorilla permits (vs. $1,000) and $300 for two chimp permits. Info: 866-778-1089, www.adventuresinafrica.com.
● Spend spring in Beverly Hills and receive a $100 hotel credit, free breakfast and parking, room upgrade and two Rodeo VIP cards packed with special offers. Seven hotels are participating in the Spring Getaway in Beverly Hills promo, including the Beverly Hilton; Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons hotel; Montage Beverly Hills; and the Peninsula Beverly Hills. Rates and terms vary. For example, Thompson Beverly Hills requires stays of at least two nights; rooms start at $499, plus $76 taxes. Deal includes continental breakfast in Caulfield’s restaurant (a la carte coffee and toast are normally $9) and valet parking (value: $35 a night). The promotion runs through May 31. You must book directly through the hotel. General info: www.lovebeverlyhills.com/springgetaway.
● The new Hotel de Paris St. Tropez, in the town of St. Tropez along the French Riviera, is offering introductory rates for stays March 23 through May 7. Rates start at $375 a night, including taxes and buffet breakfast; regular rate starts at $611. No booking deadline, but rate is based on availability. Info: 888-334-7609, www.hoteldeparis-sainttropez.com.
●Save $1,000 per stateroom on seven-night sailings aboard American Cruise Line’s Queen of the Mississippi departing June 15, 22 and 29. The June 15 cruise aboard the 150-passenger paddlewheeler sails along the Mississippi River from Memphis to New Orleans, with the reverse itinerary departing June 22. The June 29 departure travels from Memphis to St. Louis. Passengers who book back-to-back cruises departing June 22 and June 29 receive $2,000 off per stateroom. The seven-night itinerary starts at $3,695 per person double after discount, plus $250 port charges. Book by calling 800-814-6880 no later than March 15. Cruise info: www.americancruiselines.com.
●With Regent Seven Seas Cruises’s new promotion, Why Choose When You Can Have It All, book one of 15 eligible Europe 2013 voyages and receive free unlimited Internet, $300 per-suite shipboard credit and business-class air from $699. Qualifying cruises include the 10-night Aegean Allure, departing July 8 and sailing from Athens to Istanbul; the 10-night Adriatic Escape, traveling Sept. 8 from Venice to Monte Carlo; and the 21-night Red Sea Odyssey, sailing Nov. 12 from Istanbul to Dubai. Prices vary. For example, the seven-night Mediterranean Overture, departing Sept. 18 and sailing from Monte Carlo to Athens, starts at the two-for-one fare of $4,999 per person, with taxes, and includes free economy air, unlimited shore excursions, one-night pre-cruise luxury hotel package, prepaid gratuities, ground transfers and more. Book by May 31. Use promo code EUROPE2013. Info: 877-505-5370, www.rssc.com.
● Aer Lingus is offering sale fares for summer travel on nonstop flights from New York’s JFK to Dublin. High-season fare, for travel July 1 through Aug. 22, starts at $949 round trip, including taxes; nonstop flights on other airlines start at $1,243. Aer Lingus is also offering sale fares for June and late August, from $699 round trip for June 1-15, $799 for June 16-30 and $849 for Aug. 23-31, but many dates are sold out. For cheapest fares, fly Monday through Thursday; Saturday-night stay required. Book by March 20 at www.aerlingus.com.
● Lion World Tours is offering its Affordable South Africa tour starting at $2,499 per person double. The six-night tour includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles to Johannesburg on South African Airways; round-trip airfare from Johannesburg to Cape Town; four nights at the Commodore Hotel in Cape Town; two nights at the Bakubung Bush Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park; eight meals, including daily breakfast; two game-viewing drives; transfers and taxes. Lowest price applies to 12 departures September through November. Other departures in May, August and early September are available for $2,799 per person double. Priced separately, the cost during low season for airfare and hotels alone would be about $2,622. Info: 800-387-2706, www.lionworldtours.com.
Submit deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.