This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, Calif., has launched a discounted luxury package for fitness buffs. The Just Do It deal includes deluxe accommodations with partial ocean view, breakfast for two, one Nike+ FuelBand, yoga class and sports massage for two, and Nike running socks and water bottles. Price starts at $579 per night, plus $89 taxes and resort fees. Deal is available throughout 2013, but price varies by season. Info: 800-441-1414, www.fairmont.com/santa-monica.
● With &Beyond’s Fly Me Around Botswana package, save thousands on internal flights on an African safari. Travelers choose from up to three lodges, with two nights required at Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp, Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge or Savute Under Canvas. Air transfers between lodges is gratis, a savings of $2,795 to $3,925, depending on the season. Sample trip: A seven-night package starting at $3,525 per person double includes two nights at Savute Under Canvas, two nights at Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp and three nights at Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge; three daily meals, including beverages (wine, beer, soda, etc.); safari game drives and walks; emergency medical evacuation insurance; laundry; and taxes. Departures through Dec. 31. Info: 888-882-3742, www.andbeyondafrica.com.
●Two people cruise for the price of one on the seven-night Voyage to the Heart of the Amazon itinerary departing May 4. Adventure Life is offering the deal starting at $3,250 per couple, including port charges. The 18-passenger Tucano sails round trip from Manaus, Brazil, and cruises on the Rio Negro and Rio Jauaperi. Daily excursions include visits to Lago Janauari Ecological Park and the village of Novo Airao. Deal is available until sold out. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
●Windstar Cruises has a March Savings Sale with two-for-one fares, plus bonus savings of up to $2,400 per stateroom. Book by March 30 to save on Windstar’s European itineraries departing April through August. For example, the seven-day Idyllic British Isles cruise, which leaves London on July 11, costs $2,199 per person double. For a suite, pay $3,399, down from $5,099. Add taxes of $120. The Wind Surf visits ports in England, Ireland and Wales, and ends in Dublin. Info: 800-258-7245, www.windstarcruises.com.
● Southwest is offering introductory fares on new nonstop service between BWI Marshall and four destinations: Charlotte; Flint, Mich.; Rochester, N.Y.; and Portland, Maine. Round-trip fare starts at $138 to Charlotte, Flint and Rochester, including taxes, and $194 to Portland. Fares on other airlines range from $194 to Flint to $262 to Portland. Travel April 14 through May 31, except Fridays and Sundays and blackout dates of May 27 and 28. Twenty-one-day advance purchase required. Book by April 14 at www.southwest.com.
● Fly LAN or an affiliate carrier such as TAM Airlines from New York to any number of Latin American destinations and add a domestic flight for $27 or less. For the deal, you must book an economy seat on a round-trip international flight through April 1 and travel April 1 through June 30 (June 14 for Colombia and Peru). For example, fly from New York’s JFK to Santiago, Chile, for $999 round trip, plus $27 for the flight from Santiago to Punta Arenas (normally about $500). For Argentina, pay $949 from NYC to Buenos Aires, plus $13 to Salta (typical fare is $568). Taxes included. Info: 866-435-9526, www.lan.com or tamairlines.com.
● Virgin Vacations is offering a “ Downton Abbey” package to London. The trip, which starts at $1,928 per person double, departs Aug. 29 and includes round-trip nonstop airfare from Washington Dulles to London; five nights at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel; a full-day excursion with a morning visit to Oxford University and an afternoon tour of Highclere Castle, the setting of the PBS series; a morning bus tour of London and a Thames River excursion; a London theater passport, which allows entry to one West End show; airport transfers; and taxes. Info: 877-740-4302, virg.in/abbey13.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org . Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.