This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●Save $500 per person on Overseas Adventure Travel’s Inside Vietnam trip. The 18-day, land-only package starts at $1,995 per person double or single — $500 less than 2012 rates — and includes three nights’ accommodations in Hanoi, one night on a private junk in Halong Bay, two nights in Hue, two nights in Hoi An, two nights in Nha Trang, two nights in Dalat, three nights in Ho Chi Minh City and two nights in Bangkok; 17 breakfasts, nine lunches and 11 dinners, including one home-hosted dinner; 19 small-group activities; all land transportation and five internal flights; guide; and taxes. Depart October-December. Info: 800-955-1925, www.oattravel.com.
● Book four consecutive nights at any of 82 participating Hilton resorts and earn a free fifth night. To qualify, you must book by April 30 (choose the Resort Escapes package rate or use promo code PGRES1 or RE1) and stay by Sept. 30. Resorts are in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America. For example, in mid-April, five nights at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Breckenridge, Colo., costs $594, including taxes — a savings of about 20 percent. Info: 800-446-6677, hhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html?WT.srch=1.
● Smyth Tribeca, a Thompson hotel in the Tribeca neighborhood of Manhattan, has discounted weekend rates for stays through Aug. 31. Stay at least two consecutive nights on any Friday, Saturday or Sunday and receive discounts of up to 15 percent on standard rooms and 30 percent on suites. The deal also includes continental breakfast for two, WiFi and a 3 p.m. checkout. Prices vary by room category and dates. For example, a queen superior room for two nights in mid-May now costs $815, including $111 taxes and fees, a savings of about $144. Breakfast for two and WiFi typically costs $82 for two days. No booking deadline, but deal is based on availability. Request promo code SMYTHWKND. Info: 888-587-6984, www.thompsonhotels.com.
● General Tours World Traveler is offering couples up to $3,000 in savings on its Into the Amazon and Iguassu river cruise. The 11-day trip, departing May 1, starts at $4,099 per person double, which reflects the $1,200 per-person discount plus the $600 per-couple deduction for paying in full at the time of booking. Price includes 23 meals; all sightseeing tours and shore excursions; transportation including two internal flights to/from Manaus, Brazil; and port charges, taxes and fees. Travelers start the trip at the Orient-Express Hotel das Cataratas in Brazil’s Iguassu National Park before flying to Manaus and boarding the small ship M/Y Tucano for a seven-night cruise up the Rio Negro into the Amazon River Basin. For extra savings, combine the deal with the Family & Friends discount of $50 to $200 per person based on additional passengers traveling together. Info: 800-221-2216, www.generaltours.com.
● Blount Small Ship Adventures is offering two-for-one pricing on several U.S. cruises. For example, with the discount, the seven-night Southern Antebellum: Charleston to Jacksonville itinerary departing April 17 or May 5 starts at $1,200 per person double (plus $140 port charges), and the 11-night Gulf Coast: New Orleans to St. Petersburg departing May 20 now starts at $1,725 per person double (plus $210 port charges). Book by May 1. Info: 800-556-7450, www.blountsmallshipadventures.com.
● Aer Lingus has sale fares of $999 round trip, including taxes, from New York’s JFK to cities throughout Europe, including Amsterdam, Brussels, Geneva, Madrid and Paris, for travel July 1 through Aug. 22. Blackout dates apply to some destinations, including Hamburg, Madrid, Geneva and Dusseldorf, Germany. Other carriers are matching fares in some, but not all, markets. For example, in mid-July, other carriers are charging from $1,293 round trip for flights from JFK to Amsterdam; from Washington, the fare starts at about $1,390. Book by April 2 at www.aerlingus.com.
● Ritz Tours is offering a six-night Thailand trip to Phuket and Bangkok starting at $1,849 per person double. The trip includes round-trip air from New York to Bangkok, with return from Phuket (connecting in Beijing); flight from Bangkok to Phuket; three nights at the Pullman Bangkok Hotel G; three nights at Novotel Phuket Resort; 10 meals; three sightseeing tours; transfers; and taxes. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $2,342 per person. Cheapest rates are available in September and October, with slightly higher fares in November and December. You must book and pay for the deal 60 days in advance. Info: 888-345-7489, www.ritztours.com.
Submit travel deals to whatsthedeal@ washpost.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.