This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● More than 400 Kampgrounds of America locations in North America are offering a free night’s stay on May 11. The deal, which is part of the Care Camps Big Weekend fundraiser for children with cancer, is valid on tent sites (normally $10 to $25, depending on location), RV sites ($35 to $70) and cabins, including deluxe models (prices vary). To qualify, you must pay for a site or lodging on May 10. For example, a camping cabin at Grand Canyon/Williams in Arizona costs $65 for both nights, including taxes; a tent site at San Francisco North/Petaluma KOA is $52 for the weekend. Use code CCWU. Info: koa.com/national-events/care-camps-big-weekend.
●The National Peace Corps Association is taking $700 to $1,000 off select Next Step Travel programs. Save $1,000 on 14-day trips to Guatemala or the Dominican Republic, and $700 off 10-day trips to the same destinations. With the deal, the May 18-31 trip to D.R. is $2,199 per person double; the May 18-27 trip is $1,699. The longer Guatemala trip costs $1,999 for the June 1 or Aug. 24 departures; the shorter trips leave the same days and cost $1,499. The all-inclusive small-group adventures (up to 20; good for families) feature hands-on service projects and educational and cultural programs; price includes lodging and meals, but not international air. Info: 619-202-4114, travel.peacecorpsconnect.org.
● The Appalachian Mountain Club is celebrating the 125th anniversary of its hiking huts in New Hampshire’s White Mountains with 30 percent savings. The discounted rates of $86 per night per adult include bunkroom accommodations, dinner and breakfast, naturalist programs, taxes and the “Passport to AMC’s High Huts in the White Mountains” planning guide (usually $10). Stay at least three consecutive nights Sunday-Friday from June 2 to 28. Cheaper rates apply for AMC members, teens and children. The deal is good at all eight AMC White Mountain huts, plus Highland Center Lodge and Joe Dodge Lodge in the White Mountains, and Cardigan Lodge in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Reserve by May 15 and request promo code HUTS125. Info: 603-466-2727, www.outdoors.org/summerdeals.
●● Star Clippers is offering free airfare and savings of up to 50 percent on four Mediterranean cruises this fall. Rates and savings vary. For example, a 14-night cruise from Monte Carlo, Monaco, to Malaga, Spain, departing Oct. 19 starts at $3,813 per person double, including port charges, a savings of $2,748. Round-trip airfare from Washington to Nice, France, with return from Malaga is included (air typically costs about $1,300). No deadline to book, but offer is based on availability. Info: 800-442-0551, www.starclippers.com. ●
● American Airlines is offering sale fares to destinations throughout the Caribbean. For example, round-trip fare from BWI Marshall to Grand Cayman is $450, with taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $555. Depart by June 11 and complete travel by June 13. Some flights are sold out. Purchase by April 25 at www.aa.com.
● LAN and TAM airlines have sales on premium business-class and business-class seats, respectively, to Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru and Brazil. For example, LAN flights from New York to Buenos Aires start at $2,999 round trip, including taxes; TAM flights from New York to Rio are from $2,699. For non-Brazil destinations, book by April 29 and travel May 1-July 31. For Brazil, book by April 30 and travel April 25-Dec. 10. Typically, business class to Buenos Aires ranges from $4,244 to $6,576, and NYC-to-Rio fares run $4,423 to $6,800. You must book at least 28 days in advance and stay at least five days, including a Sunday. Info: www.
lan.com or www.tam.com.br.●
● Great Value Vacations is offering a six-night trip from New York to Ireland for $999 per person based on four adults traveling together. The package, which applies to select departures in September and October, includes round-trip nonstop airfare from New York’s JFK to Dublin, six nights in a two-bedroom townhouse at Adare Manor and rental of a full-size car with manual transmission. Priced separately, the deal would cost about $242 more per person. Book by April 26. Info: 800-896-4600, www.greatvaluevacations.com .
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday afternoon, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.