This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Rail Europe is offering 30 percent discounts on premier-class tickets aboard France’s high-speed TGV rail service. Prices vary. For example, a round-trip ticket from Paris to Avignon, usually $484 per person, is now about $339. Book by June 10; travel within 90 days of purchase. Discount is limited to the first 400 purchases. Use promo code FAST30. Info: 888-382-7245, www.raileurope.com.
● With the Blue Star Museums program, active-duty military personnel and up to five family members receive free admission at more than 2,000 museums in the United States, Puerto Rico and American Samoa. Valid Memorial Day (May 27) to Labor Day (Sept. 2). Sample venues: Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts ($25 value per adult), the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco ($20) and New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art ($25). Info: www.nea.gov/national/bluestarmuseums/index2013.php.
● Kitano New York, a Japanese-owned boutique hotel in midtown, has up to $150 in savings for weekday and weekend stays in June, July and August. With its Turning 40 Is Fantastic package, upgrade to a suite for $40 (based on availability), a savings of up to $110, and receive a $40 food and beverage credit per room. Credit can be used at Jazz at Kitano or its Michelin-rated Hakubai Japanese Restaurant. Rates start at $319 a night, plus about $51 in taxes. Use promo code “forty.” Info: 212-885-7000, www.kitano.com.
●With Far and Away Adventures, save 33 percent on a five-night luxury rafting trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho. Depart June 6. Price is now $1,642 per person single or double (a savings of $809) and includes guided backcountry adventures and riverside camping with chef-made meals. Start and end in Sun Valley, Idaho; transfers to river included. Info: 800-232-8588, www.far-away.com.
● Aer Lingus has sale fares to Dublin for travel Sept. 4 through Oct. 31. Round-trip fare starts at $738 from Washington Dulles (fly JetBlue to New York, connect on Aer Lingus to Dublin); fare on other airlines starts at $1,015. For lowest price, travel Monday through Thursday. Saturday night minimum stay required. Purchase by 7 p.m. on May 29 via www.aerlingus.com. Some dates are sold out.
● Virgin Vacations has added two departures — Sept. 16 and Oct. 31 — of its previously sold-out Downton Abbey tour. The package costs $2,312 per person double and includes nonstop round-trip air from Washington Dulles to London; three nights at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel; two nights at the Grange Bracknell Hotel; six meals; tour of Oxford and Highclere Castle; London tour with Thames cruise; tour of Stonehenge and Bath; airport transfers; and taxes. Priced separately, trip would cost about $2,640. Info: 866-207-1937, http://virg.in/downton13.
● Sayang Holidays is offering a six-night package in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and Bali from $2,216 per person double. The Wonderful Malaysia with Bali deal includes round-trip air from New York on Singapore Airlines, round-trip air from Kuala Lumpur to Bali, three nights at Kuala Lumpur’s Novotel City Centre, three nights at the Aston Bali Resort, daily breakfast, airport transfers, two half-day tours and taxes. Travel May, September or October. Surcharge applied to Friday-Sunday departures. By comparison, the international flight on Singapore Airlines costs more than $1,600. Info: 888-472-9264, www.sayangholidays.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday afternoon, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.