Correction: The article listed an incorrect Web site for one of the businesses participating in a Hotel Week Caribe special. The correct Web site for the DoubleTree San Juan is http://bit.ly/11SoeLa. This version has been corrected.
This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Preferred Hotel Group is offering a free third night at 13 hotels in Europe and Africa for stays through Sept. 10. The properties are in eight countries, including Austria, Italy, Morocco and Madagascar. Prices vary. For example, a three-night stay in mid-July at the Ring, a boutique hotel in Vienna, starts at about $495, a savings of $247. Book by Sept. 7; blackout days and dates apply at some properties. Request code MKTESS13. Info: 866-990-9491, www.preferredhotelgroup.com/summer.
● Six hotels in Puerto Rico are offering up to 40 percent off rates during Hotel Week Caribe, held Aug. 1-31. Prices and savings vary per property. For example, a room at El Convento, a former Carmelite convent in Old San Juan, costs $150, plus about 29 percent taxes and resort fee. By comparison, the rate is typically from $160 weekdays and from $215 weekends, plus taxes. Call 787-723-9020 and mention Hotel Week. You must contact the hotel directly for the sale. The other participating hotels are Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde (www.marriott.com/sjuiv; use promo code FLP), DoubleTree San Juan (use booking code PK9 at http://bit.ly/11SoeLa), La Concha, A Renaissance Resort (888-236-2427, www.laconcharesort.com; mention Hotel Week), Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa in Guanica (800-468-4553; mention Hotel Week) and Condado Palm Inn & Suites (787-721-9500, mention Hotel Week).
● Generator, a chain of boutique hostels in Europe, has introduced its Passport Program, which earns guests free stays. Collect three destination stamps at any of the eight properties in London, Berlin/Berlin Mitte, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Venice, Dublin and Hamburg, and receive a free night for two people. Guests can also net two free nights with five stamps and five nights with seven stamps. Visitors also receive a free T-shirt per hostel, a city guide, and drink and food giveaways. Stay by Aug. 31. Prices vary. For example, at the Dublin property in early July, a mixed eight-bed dorm with private bathroom costs about $18 a night and a private room that sleeps six is $21. Book at generatorhostels.com/en.
● Adventure Life is offering a 40 percent discount on a seven-night Greenland cruise, plus f ree charter airfare from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, to the embarkation port in Aasiaat. The Disko Bay: Whale Safari & Aurora Borealis cruise departing Sept. 12 now starts at $1,809 per person double; charter air usually costs $500, for a total savings of $1,706. No booking deadline, but deal is based on availability. Info: 800-344-6118, www.adventure-life.com.
● Blount Small Ship Adventures, which is expanding its portfolio in March with a Bahamas cruise, is offering 10 percent off 2014 Caribbean Sea cruises if booked by Aug. 30. For example, with the savings, the 12-day Best of Belize: The Barrier Reef and Guatemala trip starts at $3,894 per person double (usually from $3,999); the 15-day Belize, Barrier Reef and Honduran Bay Islands cruise starts at $4,786 per person double (normally from $4,929); and the new 12-day Bahamian Out Islands voyage is from $3,894 per person double (vs. $3,999). Taxes included. Multiple departures for all three itineraries. Info: 888-618-4770, blountsmallshipadventures.com.●
● Southwest has sale fares to San Juan, Puerto Rico, for travel Aug. 20 through Dec. 18. Nonstop flights from BWI Marshall start at $278 round trip, including taxes. By comparison, on other airlines, connecting flights from BWI starts at $293, and nonstop flights from Reagan National or Washington Dulles are $315. Blackout dates are Sept. 2 and Nov. 26 through Dec. 3. Book by June 30 at www.southwest.com.
● Brendan Vacations is offering special rates on trips to Ireland. For example, the Captivating Southern Ireland: Dublin to Shannon Self-Drive Tour now starts at $1,864 per person double and includes round-trip airfare on Aer Lingus from New York’s JFK to Dublin, with return from Dublin or Shannon; six nights in four luxury hotels, including a night at Dromoland Castle or Adare Manor; daily breakfast; airport transfer to hotel in Dublin; four-day car rental; sightseeing excursions; and taxes. Priced separately, trip would cost about $1,984. Book by July 17 and travel Sept. 1 through Oct. 31. For cheapest prices, fly Monday through Thursday. Info: 800-421-8446, www.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.