This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
●Abercrombie & Kent is offering savings on select 2013 small-group journeys to destinations around the globe. For example, save $1,000 per person on the Sept. 21 departure of its Highlights of Costa Rica tour. The trip, now $2,560 per person double, includes seven nights at four properties; 14 meals; land transportation; sightseeing tours and guides; transfers; and taxes. International air and $590 for regional flights are extra. No booking deadline, but promo is based on availability. Info: 800-554-7094, www.abercrombiekent.com/travel_specials. ●●
● G Adventures is celebrating the launch of the newly acquired and refurbished 32-passenger Queen Violeta with 40 percent off its Amazon Riverboat Adventure cruises. The eight-night trip starts at $1,500 per person double (a savings of $1,000) for four departures in July and August. Price includes two nights’ lodging in Lima; round-trip flight between Lima and Iquitos, Peru; six-night cruise on the Amazon, Marañon and Ucayali rivers; airport transfers; shore excursions; and taxes. Request code AMAZON40. Info: 888-800-4100, www.gadventures.com/cruising/amazon-cruises.
● Book Crystal Cruises’ new Christmas and New Year’s cruise to Antarctica by Aug. 30 and save $600. A deluxe stateroom on the Crystal Symphony starts at $9,740 per person double (down from $10,340), plus fees of $530. Returning Crystal guests receive an extra $230 off the fare. The 18-day cruise departs Buenos Aires on Dec. 21 and sails around Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, the Falkland Islands, Drake Passage, Cape Horn and the Chilean Fjords, plus three days of cruising Antarctica. Info: 888-799-4625, www.crystalcruises.com.
● AirTran Airways has sale fares to Mexico and the Caribbean. For example, fly round-trip from BWI Marshall to Aruba from about $366; fares on other airlines start at about $540. Travel Aug. 20 through Dec. 18 (except Nov. 26 through Dec. 3). Some dates are sold out. Purchase by July 11 at www.airtran.com or pay $15 more by calling 800-247-8726.●
● Couples who book online save $300 on Ritz Tours’ packages to China and Europe. Price varies per tours. For example, the Dec. 4 departure of the 10-night China Scenic itinerary is now $2,969 per person double including round-trip airfare from Washington to Beijing, with return from Shanghai; three domestic flights; 10 nights at the Crowne Plaza in Beijing and at Sheraton hotels in Xian, Guilin and Shanghai; 22 meals; daily tours; land transportation; transfers and taxes. Book by July 10 at www.ritztours.com. Request code RWB300.
● Tourism New Zealand and Air Tahiti Nui are offering free land extras in two countries. Book round-trip air from Los Angeles to New Zealand on Air Tahiti Nui and receive a three-night stay at the Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti (normally about $200 a night) or a seven-day compact car rental in New Zealand (about $323), plus a stopover in Tahiti. Book by July 18; travel Oct. 15-April 30. Flights start at $1,298 round trip, including taxes. (Promo fare is sold out Dec. 15-Jan. 15.) Seven-day minimum stay required. Call 877-824-4846 to book departure, return and stopover dates; reserve the hotel within 10 days of flight booking. Info: www.airtahitinui-usa.com/tahitistopover2013/default.asp. ●
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.