This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● The Gleneagles Hotel in Auchterarder, Scotland, has launched a Save on Seven promotion, with seven nights for the price of five. Prices vary. For example, a weeklong stay in early August now starts at about $2,905 per couple, a savings of about $1,162. Deal includes full daily Scottish breakfast, use of the resort’s recreational facilities (gym, pools, etc.) and taxes. Book and stay by Sept. 30. Info: 866-881-9525, www.gleneagles.com.
●Hotel Week NYC returns in January, with rates set at $100, $200 or $300, depending on the property. Nearly 30 hotels are participating in the Jan. 3-12 event, including the GEM Hotel (three locations; now $100 a night), the Jade Hotel Greenwich Village ($200) and the James New York in SoHo ($300). Taxes are extra. By comparison, the GEM in Midtown West is usually from $179. Call the hotel directly and ask for the Hotel Week special. Info: www.hotelweeknyc.com
● American Cruise Lines is offering $1,000 savings per stateroom, a free pre-cruise hotel stay and free shore excursions. The special applies to two seven-night cruises departing Dec. 21. With the discount, the Mississippi River Christmas Cruise on the 150-passenger Queen of the Mississippi starts at $3,695 per person double (plus $250 port charges) and travels round trip from New Orleans. The Historic South and Golden Isles cruise on the 104-passenger Independence starts at $3,250 per person (plus $250 port charges) and sails from Jacksonville, Fla., to Charleston, S.C. Book by July 31. The free hotel stay is valued at about $175; the shore excursions are worth about $250 per person. Info: 800-460-4518, www.americancruiselines.com.
● Book a holiday cruise with Royal Caribbean by July 31 and receive up to $200 in shipboard credits. Earn $100 in credits per inside or outside stateroom and $200 per balcony or suite. The deal is valid on cruises lasting at least five nights and departing Dec. 18-31. Prices vary. For example, an interior cabin on the five-night Western Caribbean Holiday Cruise, which leaves Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Dec. 21, starts at $699 per person double, plus $98 taxes. The Liberty of the Seas ship sails to Belize City and Cozumel. Use promo code SOW2 for the $100 credit and SOW3 for the $200 credit. Info: 866-562-7625, www.royalcaribbean.com.
● SATA Airlines is offering sale fares to Lisbon for February travel. The round-trip fare from Reagan National starts at $730, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $953. Book by July 31. Info: 800-762-9995, www.sata.pt.
● LATAM Airlines Group, which includes LAN and TAM, has a deal on domestic flights in South America, with the purchase of international air to such destinations as Argentina, Colombia and Peru. For example, fly from Washington to Buenos Aires from $999 and add an in-country flight to Iguazu, Bahia Blanca, Salta or Tucuman for $13 or less round trip, including taxes. From New York, pay from $899 to Santiago, Chile, and tack on a domestic leg to Punta Arenas, Castro or Arica for $27 or less round trip. You must book the entire itinerary by Aug. 5 and travel Aug. 15 through Dec. 5. By comparison, the flight from Buenos Aires to Iguazu is typically from $378 and from $348 to Bahia Blanca. Seats are limited. Info: 866-435-9526, lan.com, tamairlines.com.
● JetBlue Getaways has a deal on packages to Walt Disney World Resort. For example, round-trip air from Reagan National to Orlando and three nights at the Disney All Star Sports Resort starts at $275 per person double, including taxes. Priced separately, the trip would cost about $378 per person. Travel Sept. 2-25, and book by July 31. Other Disney hotels are also available. Info: 800-538-2583, www.jetblue.com/vacations.
● With Globotours, book the Royal Romance in the Maldives and Dubai package and receive two free nights at the Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa in the Maldives. The package starts at $8,099 per person double and includes round-trip air from New York to Dubai, with a return from the Maldives; three nights in a deluxe room at the Armani Hotel in Dubai; seven nights in a pool villa at the Shangri-la Villingili; daily breakfast and some dinners; round-trip airport transfers; Dubai city tour and lunch at the Burj Al Arab●Info: 800-988-4833, www.globotours.net.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday afternoon, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.