This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Two properties in Grand Canyon National Park are offering an End of Summer package. The deal includes lodging at Maswik Lodge or Yavapai Lodge (both at the park’s South Rim), breakfast, motorcoach tour and a 20 percent gift-shop coupon. A Maswik North room is $174 double per night, plus $12 taxes; a Yavapai East room is $159, plus $11 taxes. Priced separately, package would cost about $83 more. Travel Aug. 25-Sept. 12 (blackout dates of Aug. 30-Sept. 1 apply). Book by July 31; request promo code SUMMER. Info: 888-297-2757, www.grandcanyonlodges.com.
● Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is offering a free third night at several Canada properties. The Everyone’s an Original summer deal features seven hotels, such as the Fairmont Banff Springs, the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, the Fairmont Empress in Victoria and the Fairmont Tremblant. Sample pricing: In late August, three nights goes for $458, including taxes — a savings of $193. Book before Aug. 9 and stay through Sept. 30. Info: 888-270-0055, www.fairmont.com/promo/summeroffer.
● Reserve a package with Universal Orlando and receive two free days of the Universal Dining Plan. With the deal, book at least four nights at a Universal Partner Hotel and receive a three-day base ticket (one theme park per day), the free meal plan, early park admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (an hour before the park opens) and, between Aug. 15-Sept. 2, early admission to Transformers: The Ride-3D. Prices vary. For instance, in late September, four nights at the Ramada Convention Center I-Drive Orlando starts at about $851 for a family of four, including taxes. The meal plan, valid at both Universal theme parks and select locations at Universal CityWalk, covers one table service meal (entree, dessert, beverage), one counter service meal (entree, beverage), one snack and one beverage. Book by Aug. 29; travel Aug. 15-Nov. 24 and Dec. 2-19. Info: 877-801-9720, www.universalorlando.com.
● Viking River Cruises is offering two-for-one rates and airfare discounts on 2014 cruises booked by July 31. Prices vary. For example, the nine-night Tulips & Windmills itinerary, which sails round trip from Amsterdam, now starts at $2,072 per person double for select departures in March; the airfare from Washington Dulles starts at $895 round trip (typically about $995). Cruise includes shore excursions; wine, beer and soft drinks with meals; and taxes and port charges. Request promo code EBD. Info: 800-304-9616, www.vikingrivercruises.com.
● Southwest is offering sale fares on nonstop service between BWI Marshall and Memphis. Round-trip fare is now $154, including taxes. Nonstop fare on other airlines starts at about $364; connecting flights start at $178. Travel Aug. 11-Dec. 13, except Nov. 26-Dec. 3. Twenty-one-day advance purchase required. AirTran, which is in the process of merging with Southwest, will operate the flights through Nov. 2, with service on Southwest beginning Nov. 3. Book by Aug. 11 at www.southwest.com.
●● South African Airways has a sale on fares to African destinations including Johannesburg, Cape Town and Dakar, Senegal. For example, fly from Washington Dulles to Cape Town or J-burg from $1,182 round trip, including taxes; other airlines charge from about $1,300 to Cape Town. Book by Aug. 8; travel Sept. 13-Dec. 9. Info: www.flysaa.com.
● A seven-night Kenya in Style safari package from Lion World Tours is now $3,899 per person double for the April 10, April 24 and May 8 departures. Tour includes round-trip airfare from Washington to Nairobi on Ethiopian Air; one night at the Sarova Stanley Hotel in Nairobi; two nights at Elephant Bedroom Camp in the Samburu National Reserve; one night at Mbweha Camp in the Congreve Conservancy; three nights at Tipilikwani Mara Camp in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve; most meals, including a dinner with a Nairobi family; guided game drives; park entrance fees; and taxes. Priced separately, the package would cost about $989 more. Info: 800-387-2706, www.lionworldtours.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.