This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Stay Friday and Saturday night at the Sagamore on New York’s Lake George this fall and receive a pretax 50 percent off the next two nights at Lake Placid Lodge. For example, two nights at the Sagamore in mid-October starts at $398 for two guests (plus $98 tax and resort fee), and the following two nights at Lake Placid Lodge typically costs $1,198 (plus $285 tax and resort fee). With the discount, pay $1,380 for the four nights, with taxes, a savings of $599. The resorts are about 90 minutes apart in the Adirondacks. Stay Sept. 2 through Nov. 26, except blackout dates of Oct. 11-14. Offer is based on availability. Call 866-258-7255 and request promo code ADIRONDACK. Info: www.lakeplacidlodge.com/special-offers/tour-the-adirondacks.
● The Preferred Inns of New Jersey Bed & Breakfast Association is offering 10 percent off rates at 26 of its member B&Bs as part of a Hurricane Sandy comeback special. The Back Inn Business promotion applies to October stays from Sunday through Thursday, excluding Columbus Day weekend. Prices vary. For example, the Sand Castle Bed & Breakfast in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island, has discounted its luxury rooms to $197, with taxes, down from $218; its lighthouse suite is now $328, down from $364. Cedars and Beeches in Long Branch is offering a queen room for $146; normal rate is $162. Book directly through the property and mention “Back Inn Business.” For inns and contact info: www.backinnbusiness.com.
● With Rail Europe, save 40 percent on Italo Club premium-class train tickets when booked by Sept. 4. Sale prices start at $51, depending on the route. For example, with the discount, a one-way ticket from Rome to Milan starts at $100, including service fee; original fare is $166. Italo travels between 14 stations throughout Italy, including Turin, Bologna, Venice, Florence and Naples. The high-speed train moves at 223 mph and features reclining leather seats, individual TVs, welcome service with drinks and snacks, and prepared meals for purchase. Book at least 90 days before departure. Use code ITALODEAL. Info: 800-622-8600, www.raileurope.com.
● Holland America is offering savings on select 2014 and December 2013 cruises. Depending on cruise itinerary and cabin category, the Explore 4 deal could include reduced fares; a free beverage package or beverage card; free dinner at a specialty restaurant; and reduced deposits. For example, an interior cabin on a 12-night South America Passage cruise departing March 4 from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, Chile, now starts at $2,080 per person for the first two passengers and $840 per person for the third and fourth passengers (taxes included), a savings of $3,528 for four sharing a cabin. The deal also includes dinner at the Canaletto restaurant worth $10 per person (oceanview or higher cabin categories receive a free dinner at Pinnacle Grill, worth $25 each) and a beverage package valued at $100 per stateroom per day. Book by Nov. 15. Info: 877-932-4259, www.hollandamerica.com.
● SATA Airlines is offering sale fares to the Azores for travel Nov. 8 through Dec. 15. The round-trip fare from Reagan National to Ponta Delgada (flight connects through Boston via US Airways) starts at $684, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $1,340. Book by Sept. 15. Info: 800-762-9995, www.sata.pt. ●
● Book a SmarTours package to Burma by Sept. 18 and save $800 per couple. With the discount, the Burma Discovery tour starts at $3,499 per person double for the Oct. 9 and 16 departures. The trip includes round-trip airfare from Los Angeles to Rangoon; four domestic flights; 10 nights’ lodging in Rangoon, Bagan, Mandalay and Heho; 18 meals; daily tours with admission fees; tour guide; and taxes. Priced separately, round-trip airfare from Washington to Los Angeles costs about $390. Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.
● Intrepid Vacations has a fall and winter deal to Spain and Portugal. The nine-day package starts at $1,719 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from New York’s JFK to Madrid, with return from Lisbon; one-way flight from Madrid to Lisbon; four nights at the three-star Regente Hotel in Madrid; three nights at the four-star Hotel Mundial in Lisbon; half-day Madrid tour; daily breakfasts; transfers; and taxes. Depart on select dates in November, early December and March. By comparison, international air alone costs at least $800. Info: 800-505-5497, www.intrepid-vacations.com.
Submit travel deals to email@example.com. Please include your phone number and e-mail address. Prices were verified Thursday afternoon when the Travel section went to press, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Restrictions such as blackout dates and advance purchase may apply.