This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Book at least two nights through discoverlosangeles.com, the Web site of the L.A. Tourism & Convention Board, and receive free admission for two at more than 25 museums, plus gift shop discounts. Nearly 260 Los Angeles area hotels are participating, including the Hotel Erwin Venice Beach (mid-October rates from $232 a night, with taxes), Hotel Palomar Westwood ($298) and the Standard, Downtown LA ($266). Institutions featured in the LA Museum Season package include the Battleship Iowa ($36 value for two), the Los Angeles County Museum of Art ($30), the Grammy Museum at L.A. Live ($26) and the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens ($46, Book, stay and redeem voucher between Oct. 7 and Nov. 17.
●The Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is offering a package in honor of the 350th anniversary of the first sighting of Hilton Head, S.C. The Happy Birthday Hilton Head deal starts at $214 per person (a savings of $60), with taxes, and includes three nights in a two-bedroom resort-view villa; dolphin cruise or nature tour through Broad Creek; round of golf at one of the resort’s three championship courses; two-hour zipline tour; three-day bike rental; two-hour kayaking excursion; two hours of daily tennis court time; and gift of souvenirs, including a Hilton Head T-shirt. Stay by Dec. 31. Info: 877-567-6513, www.palmettodunes.com.
● During Hotel Week NYC, 30 hotels in Manhattan will offer reduced rates of $100, $200 or $300 per night (plus taxes) for Jan. 3-12 stays. Savings and prices vary by property. For example, the discounted rate at Affinia Manhattan in Midtown is $118 a night, including taxes, a savings of $122. No booking deadline, but sale rates are based on availability. Info: www.njfpr.com/hotel-week/hotel-week-nyc.
● For National Cruise Vacation Week, which runs Oct. 20-27, members of the Cruise Lines International Association are offering a slew of deals. For instance, book a Windstar cruise during the special week and receive two-for-one rates plus two hotel nights in Europe before or after the trip. Norwegian is offering onboard credits of up to $500 per stateroom, plus an extra $100 for all Norwegian Getaway cruises. And book an Alaska or Europe cruise with Princess Cruises by Oct. 31 and receive a cabin upgrade, shore excursion spending money of up to $200, a specialty dinner and a reduced deposit of $100 per person. Info: www.cruising.org/vacation/national-cruise-vacation-week-cruise-specials. (Web site goes live Oct. 1.)
● Book one cabin on the MSC Divina at the regular rate and receive a second for half-price. The Family Plan promo applies to five Caribbean cruises departing November through February. Prices vary. For example, a six-night sailing departing Miami on Jan. 12 now starts at $549 per person double for the first cabin and $275 per person double for the second cabin. Add $87 per person in port charges. Book by Oct. 31. Info: 877-665-4655, www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/msc/family_plan.aspx.
● South African Airways has sale fares from Washington Dulles to destinations throughout Africa, including Johannesburg, Cape Town and Dakar, Senegal. Round-trip fare to Cape Town, for example, is $1,030, including tax; fare on other airlines starts at $1,476. Book by Oct. 8; travel Oct. 20 through Dec. 9 and Jan. 11 through Feb. 28. Info: 800-722-9675, www.flysaa.com.
●China Spree is offering a 10-night tour of China starting at $1,599 per person double. The Middle Kingdom tour includes round-trip airfare from New York to Beijing, with return from Shanghai; two flights within China; three nights at Traders Hotel Beijing; two nights at Xian Grand Noble Hotel; one night at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Hangzhou; one night at the Pan Pacific Suzhou; three nights at the Shanghai JC Mandarin Hotel; 24 meals; daily sightseeing with entrance fees; land transportation; tour guides; airport transfers; and taxes. Cheapest prices are available on select departures December through February. Book by Oct. 31. For the lowest price, pay in full with a check or money order at least 60 days in advance. Priced separately, airfares and lodging cost about $2,012. Info: 866-652-5656, www.chinaspree.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.