This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel in Taneytown, Md., near Gettysburg, Pa., is offering a perks-filled Winter Escape Package. The deal starts at $129 per person double and includes one night in the former plantation, afternoon tea, hors d’oeuvres, six-course dinner at the property’s Smokehouse Restaurant, in-room continental breakfast tray, full country-style breakfast served in the Mansion, and taxes — a savings of $90. Valid Sunday through Friday, Dec. 1-March 31. Saturday night starts at $169 per person. Info: 410-756-6812, antrim1844.com.
● Save hundreds on a holiday rail adventure to Chicago or New Orleans with Pullman Rail Journeys. The Southbound Holiday Reveling package, which departs Chicago on Fridays, starts at $1,109 per person double and includes one-night accommodations on the vintage train, plus meals and drinks; three nights at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans; dinner at Antoine’s Restaurant; admission to Celebration in the Oaks, including train ride through the holiday lights display; transfers; and taxes. The Northbound Magnificent Holiday Package, which leaves New Orleans on Sundays, starts at $949 per person double and includes the Pullman overnight, with food and drink; three nights at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago; tickets to a Broadway in Chicago show (“Elf the Musical” or “Wicked”); transfers to Zoolights at Lincoln Park Zoo; and taxes. By comparison, a Pullman compartment for two starts at $1,000. Valid through Dec. 29. Return trip not included. Info: 888-978-5563, www.travelpullman.com.
● The Jamaica Tourist Board has launched a promotion offering free hotel nights at properties across the island. Eight hotels, including Holiday Inn SunSpree in Montego Bay and three Jewel Resorts, are offering a fourth night free, with five others offering either the fifth or sixth night free. Prices vary. For example, four nights at the all-inclusive Jewel Dunn’s River Resort in mid-January now starts at $1,800 per couple, including taxes, a savings of $600. The Get All Right deal applies to travel Jan. 1 through April 1. Deadline to purchase is Dec. 15. Request promo code GETALLRIGHT (use ALLRIGHT for Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort). Info: 800-526-2422, www.getallrightjamaica.com.
● Victoria Cruises is offering savings of more than 50 percent on January and February sailings on the Yangtze River in China. Rate for a three-night cruise from Chongqing to Yichang, or for the four-night reverse itinerary, starts at $470 per person double, including taxes, a savings of $510. A package with three shore excursions is $65, a savings of $25. Mandatory tips are an extra $25 per person. Info: 800-348-8084, www.victoriacruises.com.
● Air France has a winter sale to destinations throughout Europe. For example, round-trip air from Washington Dulles to Istanbul starts at $606, with taxes; round-trip air from BWI Marshall to Paris’s Charles de Gaulle starts at $1,012, with taxes. Depart Jan. 9-March 27; book 14 days in advance before Dec. 5. Minimum 10-day stay required. Other airlines are matching. Info: www.airfrance.us/US.
● Sun Country Airlines is offering sale fares from Reagan National to Minneapolis and to Lansing, Mich. Fare to Minneapolis starts at $278 round trip, including taxes; fare on other airlines starts at $398. To Lansing, the sale fare is $198 round trip, including taxes; other airlines are charging $554. Deal is good for travel through Dec. 19; some dates are sold out. A seven-day advance purchase is required. Purchase by Nov. 27 at www.suncountry.com.
● The Nassau Paradise Island Instant Savings deal, with savings of $250 per reservation, has been extended for purchase through Dec. 2. Buy round-trip airfare and stay for at least four nights at any of 17 properties and receive a $250 per-booking discount. Participating properties include Atlantis, One&Only Ocean Club, and Comfort Suites Paradise Island. Prices vary. For example, after the $250 discount, the price for a package that includes round-trip air from BWI Marshall and four nights at Atlantis’s Coral Towers in late January starts at $977 per person double. Book by Dec. 2 and travel through April 10, except for holiday blackout dates. Use promo code NAS250BUS for Dec. 1-25; and NAS250CUS for Jan. 2-April 10. Info: www.nassauparadiseisland.com/save-250.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.