This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Book two nights at Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa on New York’s Hudson River and get a f ree third night. Three nights starts at $600 for two people, including taxes, a savings of at least $300. Rate includes full breakfast, afternoon tea with house-made baked goods, and access to the indoor pool, sauna and steam room. Stay through March 31. To book, call 845-795-1310 by Jan. 31 and request the Winter Welcome rate. Hotel info: www.buttermilkfallsinn.com.
● Book a select 2014 Mediterranean cruise with Azamara Club Cruises and couples receive up to $2,000 in shore excursions. At least one free shore excursion will be offered at every port. Value of excursion package and price of cruise varies. For example, the seven-night Crete, Adriatic & Venice cruise departing Pireas, Greece, on June 28 and sailing to Venice starts at $5,140 per couple; six shore excursions, which would typically cost $938, are included. Book by Dec. 15 and request promo code ONSHORE ON US. Info: 877-999-9553, www.azamaraclubcruises.com.
● Air New Zealand has sale fares from Los Angeles or San Francisco to New Zealand. For example, nonstop flights from either city to Auckland start at $1,198 round trip; other airlines are matching on connecting service. Nonstop fare from Washington to Los Angeles, priced separately, starts at $358. For cheapest fares, travel May 3 through June 1, and July 29 through Sept. 21. Book by Dec. 16 at www.airnewzealand.com.
● Valentines Resort & Marina on Harbour Island in the Bahamas is offering free airfare from Nassau to North Eleuthera. Book a three-night stay at the beachfront resort and receive one round-trip ticket, a $143 value; reserve at least four nights and receive two tickets, a value of about $286. Round-trip fare from Washington to Nassau, which must be purchased separately, starts at about $369. Rates at the resort start at about $370 a night, plus $56 tax. Book by June 30 and travel by Oct. 31. Blackout dates apply. Info: 866-389-6864, www.valentinesresort.com.
● Intrepid Vacations has a five-night package deal to Istanbul. The trip starts at $1,335 per person double and includes round-trip airfare from Washington Dulles (or from $1,173 for New York departures), accommodations at the Recital hotel, with daily breakfast; half-day city tour; transfers; and taxes. Travel through March 15, and book at least 15 days in advance. By comparison, the hotel alone is nearly $650 for five nights. Info: 800-505-5497, www.intrepid-vacations.com.●
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.