This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Visit California has kicked off the statewide California Restaurant Month. Throughout January, diners can take advantage of specials at 40 destinations, including Los Angeles (Jan. 20-31), Yosemite/Mariposa County (all month), San Francisco (Jan. 15-31) and Lake Tahoe (through Jan. 17). Specials vary. For instance, with dineLA, more than 350 Los Angeles restaurants are offering prix-fixe lunch and/or dinner, including Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills and Gordon Ramsay at the London West Hollywood (both $25 lunch, $45 dinner). Dine About Town in San Francisco features three-course dinners for $37 and two- or three-course lunches for $19, a savings of up to 25 percent; eateries include the Michelin-starred Luce and Pier Market Seafood Restaurant at Fisherman’s Wharf. Info: www.dineinca.com .
● Mango Bay, an all-inclusive hotel on Barbados, is celebrating its 20th anniversary with 20 percent discounts. The required minimum five-night stay starts at $1,920 per couple for a standard room, a savings of $480, and includes meals, drinks, water sports, entertainment and use of gym. Travel Jan. 2-Dec. 22 (starting rate varies by season); book by Jan. 31. Info: 246-432-1384, www.mangobaybarbados.com. Request promo code MANGO20.
● The St. Regis Aspen Resort in Colorado is offering two free ski tickets per day on stays of three nights or longer. Standard rooms start at $550 a night, plus 11 percent tax; two tickets are valued at $238. Deal is valid through April 20, the end of ski season. Tickets can be used at Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk. Holiday blackout dates apply. Mention SKIFREE when booking. Info: 866-716-8135, www.stregisaspen.com.
● Holland America is offering a promotion that includes free beverage packages, shipboard credits, free or reduced fares for additional passengers, and discounted shore excursions. The Above and Beyond deal applies to oceanview or better staterooms on select June-December sailings. Discounts vary. For example, a seven-night Aegean Explorer cruise departing Piraeus, Greece, on Oct. 11 includes the beverage package for up to two passengers (valued at $50 each per day), free fare for third and fourth passengers, and 10 percent discounts on shore excursions. An oceanview cabin starts at $1,361 per person (including $102 taxes) for the first two passengers; the third and fourth cruisers sharing the cabin pay only taxes — a savings of $998. Book by March 15, except for discounted shore excursions, which must be purchased by Feb. 28. Info: 877-932-4259, www.hollandamerica.com.
● With Royal Caribbean, book an oceanview (or higher) stateroom on a six-night (or longer) itinerary and receive up to $400 in onboard credits. Earn $75 per oceanview stateroom, $150 for a balcony cabin and $300 for a suite. In addition, book a 2014 Europe cruise and receive an extra $100 for an oceanview or higher category. Deal applies to all cruises (except Quantum of the Seas) departing March 1-Dec. 31. Prices vary. For example, a seven-night Western Caribbean sailing on Navigator of the Seas, which departs Galveston, Tex., on May 25, starts at $649 per person double for an oceanview, plus $100 taxes and fees. Book by Feb. 28 using promo code YOURWOW. Info: 800-769-2522, www.royalcaribbean.com.
● All Nippon Airways is offering sale fares of about $100 each way on flights within Japan. The Experience Japan Fare promotion applies to routes throughout Japan, including Tokyo to Osaka, Sapporo to Tokyo, and Fukuoka to Okinawa. Savings vary by route. For example, the fare from Tokyo to Osaka is typically about $216 each way. Travelers must live outside Japan and hold an international ticket. Complete travel by March 29; book at least three days in advance at www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/wws_common/promotion/experience_jp.
● Book a trip to India and Nepal with smarTours by Jan. 30 and receive a discount of up to $800 per couple. The discounted trip starts at $2,799 per person double for the March 31 departure (other departures are available at slightly higher prices). Tour includes round-trip air from New York’s JFK to New Delhi; three flights in India and Nepal; ground transportation, including the Shatabdi Express train from Agra to Jhansi, India; 12 nights’ lodging in six cities; 15 meals; guided tours with entrance fees; and taxes. For the full discount, pay by check or money order; credit card payments receive a $600 discount. Info: 800-337-7773, www.smartours.com.
Submit travel deals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.