This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Tofino Expeditions is taking $500 off two fall kayaking trips. With the discount, the 10-day Brazil Sea Kayaking: The Costa Verde tour starts at $3,890 per person double and includes accommodations (three nights at a Rio hotel, two nights in Paraty, two nights in a jungle eco-lodge, two nights at a village guest house), most meals, airport transfers and ground transportation, park/attraction fees, sea kayaks and equipment, luggage transfers and taxes. The Oct. 16 trip begins and ends in Rio and explores a stretch of Atlantic rainforest near Paraty. The 11-day Vietnam: Kayaking Halong Bay costs $3,850 per person and departs Oct. 15. Trip includes lodging (four nights in a Hanoi hotel, six nights on a traditional wooden junk), most meals and van transport between Hanoi and Halong Bay. Book by March 17. Info: 800-677-0877, tofino.com.
●Cape Resorts, a collection of properties in Cape May, is offering a perks-filled package through May 22. The Congressional Retreat deal includes accommodations at Congress Hall, the Star or the Sandpiper Beach Club; $30 daily dinner credit at the Blue Pig Tavern; $12 daily cocktail credit at the Brown Room; 15 percent off Sea Spa treatments; late checkout; and free dining for kids. Room rates vary. For example, at Congress Hall, a two-bed annex-view room in mid-March starts at $143 a night, including taxes. Use promo code CONGRESS. Info: 855-290-8467, www.caperesorts.com.
● Book at least five nights at any of 14 properties on St. Croix and choose from several promo packages. The Find Your Bliss deal, administered through the U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Tourism, offers a $500 credit focused on different themes. For example, the dive package includes a $250 resort credit, $200 dive certificate and $50 retail certificate. One package per reservation; complete travel by May 15. Hotel rates vary. For example, five nights at the Buccaneer Hotel in early May starts at $1,641, including taxes. Info: www.visitusvi.com/st-croix-bliss.
● Princess has a sale on select Alaska land-and-sea vacations. The Denali on Sale promo applies to several 2014 itineraries. For example, a 10-night Denali Explorer tour on July 30 starts at $1,428 per person double and includes seven-night cruise from Vancouver to Whittier, Alaska; three-night land tour to Denali National Park and Fairbanks, Alaska; transfers; and port charges. Brochure rate is about $520 more. Book by April 3. Info: 800-774-6237, www.princess.com.
● Aer Lingus has sale fares from New York’s JFK to Ireland starting at $699 round trip, including taxes. Dates for cheapest fares are restricted: For Shannon, depart April 2-7, May 1-4, May 8-19 or May 23-31, and return April 2-7, April 24-28 or May 3-31. The sale also reduces the fare on connecting service from Washington. For example, air from Washington Dulles to Shannon starts at $735 round trip; fare on other airlines starts at $882. Some dates are sold out. Saturday-night minimum stay required. Book by March 5 at www.aerlingus.com.●
● Pacific Delight Tours is offering a 13-night trip to China from $3,199 per person double. The Grand Yangtze River Silver Experience tour includes round-trip air from New York to Shanghai (return from Beijing); two nights’ hotel in Shanghai; eight-night cruise on the Yangtze aboard the Victoria Sophia; airfare from Chongqing to Beijing; three nights’ lodging in Beijing; most meals; several tours; guides; transfers; port charges; and taxes. For the lowest price, depart April 15. Booked separately, flights and cruise alone cost about the same amount. Based on availability. Info: 800-221-7179, www.pacificdelighttours.com. Request tour package A4YS14VL.