This week’s best travel bargains around the globe.
● Volunteer on St. John, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and receive a $100 resort credit at the Westin St. John Resort. Guests earn the credit after volunteering at the Virgin Islands National Park (the property runs a free transfer); projects include maintaining trails and ruins and removing debris from beaches. Prices vary. For example, during a midweek stay in early April, a garden-view room starts at $489 a night, plus 10 percent tax and $40 resort fee. In addition, through April 26, book at least four nights and earn a free fifth night plus an additional $150 resort credit. Rates start at $555, plus tax and resort fee. Request SunSational Savings promo. Info: 866-716-8108, www.westinresortstjohn.com.
● The Deep Creek Lake area in Western Maryland is offering a spring promotion with three nights’ lodging for the price of two plus activity discounts. The 3-2-1 Lodging & Activity Promotion, sponsored by the Garrett County Chamber of Commerce, is available for stays through May 15. Seven lodging companies, ranging from rental homes to hotels, are participating. For example, a three-night midweek stay in early May at the Inn at Deep Creek is $358, including taxes, a savings of $180. Also, several companies are offering activity discounts. For example, a four-hour kayak outing with All Earth Eco Tour is $55 per adult, a savings of $10; depart before May 15. Info: 888-387-5237, www.visitdeepcreek.com/pages/spring
● Save 15 percent on a five-night trip to Scotland with Tenon Tours. The Glasgow and Edinburgh Scottish Dream tour starts at $696 per person double and includes two nights’ hotel in Glasgow; three nights’ lodging in Edinburgh; airport transfers; one-way bus transfer from Glasgow to Edinburgh; five Scottish breakfasts; tours including Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond National Park and Loch Ness; and taxes. Book by April 30. For lowest prices, travel April, November or December. Info: 855-468-3666, www.tenontours.com/scottish-dream.
● Celebrity Cruises is offering a Pick Your Perk promo on most cruises departing May through March 2015. Choose from a free classic beverage package for two, including wine and spirits (promo code PYPBEV), a $99-per-day value; gratuities for two (code PYPGR), a value of up to $30 per day; shipboard credits of $100 to $300 per stateroom, depending on cruise length (code PYPOBC); or a cruise discount of up to $600 per stateroom, if airfare is booked through Celebrity’s ChoiceAir program (code PYPAIR). Promo applies to ocean-view and higher cabin categories on most cruises of four nights or longer (the exceptions: cruises aboard Celebrity Xpedition and transatlantic and transpacific crossings). Book by April 30. Info: 800-647-2251, www.celebritycruises.com/
● SAS is offering sale fares from Washington Dulles International Airport to cities throughout Europe. For example, the fare to Stockholm starts at $749 round trip, including taxes; other airlines are matching. Depart April 10 through May 15, with return by May 25; Aug. 22 through Oct. 23, with return by Nov. 2; and Oct. 24 through Dec. 11, with return by Dec. 15. Cheapest fares apply to Monday through Thursday flights. Minimum Saturday-night stay required. Book by April 8 at www.flysas.com.
● Couples Resorts, the all-inclusive chain in Jamaica, has an air credit special this spring and summer. The amount of credit depends on the length of stay: four nights earns a $250 credit per couple; five nights, $300; six nights, $350; and seven nights, $500. Participating resorts are Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci (both in Ocho Rios), Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away (also in Negril). Prices vary. For example, seven nights at Couples Tower Isle in early May costs $4,110 per couple, including taxes. Price includes $500 air credit for round-trip flights from BWI Marshall to Montego Bay. Four-night minimum stay required. Book by April 9 and travel May 1-June 30. Info: 800-268-7537, couples.com.
● Book a trip with General Tours to India or Africa with round-trip air on Emirates Airline and receive a free two-night stay in Dubai. Deal applies to 15 small-group journeys and to private tours. For example, a Week in India tour in September is $1,999 per person double, including two nights at Le Meridien New Delhi; two nights at Radisson Blu Hotel Agra; two nights at Jaipur Marriott Hotel; land transportation; guides; sightseeing tours; and taxes. Airfare on Emirates from Washington Dulles to Dubai (departing Sept. 11), Dubai to Delhi (on Sept. 14) and return from Delhi (Sept. 20) is an additional $1,489, including taxes. The free stay in Dubai includes accommodations at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel and a half-day private city tour. Priced separately, the trip costs about $1,626 per couple. Book by June 15. Info: 800-221-2216, www.general
Carol Sottili, Andrea Sachs
Submit travel deals to whatsthedeal@
washpost.com. Prices were verified at press time Thursday, but deals sell out and availability is not guaranteed. Some restrictions may apply.